FTF coin

PaintedLady08

I recently found a FTF coin. It was not registered, so I registered it.

What do I do now?

Do I just hang onto it as a souvenir or do I have to give it a "mission" and place it in the next cache I find? I do not intend to create my own cache so it won't be a "first to find" anymore if I put it in an existing one. Thanks in advance!

As far as I know a FTF coin is a souvenir for the finder. It could be placed in a cache you make for someone to be FTF . With being registered I have no idea how it would be tracked from there; I guess like a Trackable

Edit: On your profile under trackables you mention you found no history - with being FTF I do not think there would be any until you logged it.

Edited by Jayeffel
  • Funny 1
2 hours ago, PaintedLady08 said:

I recently found a FTF coin. It was not registered, so I registered it.

What do I do now?

Do I just hang onto it as a souvenir or do I have to give it a "mission" and place it in the next cache I find? I do not intend to create my own cache so it won't be a "first to find" anymore if I put it in an existing one. Thanks in advance!

If you wish to see how it travels, then, yes.  Fill out its page, place it into a cache, log the drop.

No hurry.  You can hang onto it and decide.  You can even carry it with you and log your own mileage whenever it visits a cache.  And you could still do a Drop later.

Until then, when you meet cachers, they may make a discover log when they see it.

Or you could keep your nice coin safely at home and use its tracking code in several ways.  Such as making a proxy trackable using that code, and etch it onto an item that will travel.  Or put the Tracking Code on a shirt or jacket or nametag (or your dog's collar), and people can then log you (or the dog).  If I ever make such a shirt again into a big bold Trackable, I might instead use the Reference Number (different from the Tracking Code), but that's a whole other subject. B)

(The gist of it is, don't ever let your coin's Tracking Code get into photos or anywhere online.  You don't need that).

Edited by kunarion
  • Helpful 2
2 hours ago, PaintedLady08 said:

I recently found a FTF coin. It was not registered, so I registered it.  What do I do now?

It's yours.  It's all up to you...   :)    kunarion's option are good.  I'd probably add to keep it "Not Collectible" ...

• Helpful 1
28 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

It's yours.  It's all up to you...   :)    kunarion's option are good.  I'd probably add to keep it "Not Collectible" ...

Yes.  I've been studying the curious system that is the Trackable "Collection" for years, and it seems to lead people right down a rabbit hole.  But in a nutshell, if it's a Geocoin that you

1) will keep at home out of play (not placed into nor Visiting a Geocache), and

2) might sometimes show to people at Events so they can log it,

then placing it into your Collection is an OK plan.  That way, the log options are "Discover" and "Note".  Along with never getting your Tracking Code published online, it can keep your activity logs nice and tidy.

That said, not messing with "Collectible/Collection" at all is a stress-free alternative.  :anicute:

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1