recaptcha problems

dagger38

Hi

A college of mine has the problem with the standard Groundspeak checker, the recapha ALWAYS asks for a additional foto recognition check (the 6 foto's in witch you have to pick 3 of the same)
even the next day this keeps happening immediatly ??
Is this something you can solve by removing the coockies?

Already cleaned the browser history

What else could we try??

THANKS!!

• Helpful 1

I often have this kind of problem with recaptcha and not only on geocaching.com.

Besides, I wonder why there is a recaptcha on the "Solution checker" of mystery caches since when you use the "Solution checker", you are already logged on geocaching.com. Therefore, geocaching.com knows that we are a geocacher and not a robot...

Edited by OusKonNé & Cétyla
3 hours ago, OusKonNé & Cétyla said:

Besides, I wonder why there is a recaptcha on the "Solution checker" of mystery caches since when you use the "Solution checker", you are already logged on geocaching.com. Therefore, geocaching.com knows that we are a geocacher and not a robot...

You could be logged in and use a script to brute force the correct solution. So yeah, the recaptcha is to discourage such tactics.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, TriciaG said:

You could be logged in and use a script to brute force the correct solution. So yeah, the recaptcha is to discourage such tactics.

Good point!

But it would be better to have a tool other than recaptcha, a tool made by Google which doesn't always work well in browsers other than Chrome.

Edited by OusKonNé & Cétyla