"Write Note" Log Type Option Needed

I was in the city on a maintenance run of some of my caches that were disabled. Arriving at GZ, I could see what needed to be done but I didn't have the necessary equipment with me to effect the repair at that time. As I didn't actually do anything, I wanted to place a Write Note log type to let cachers know that I was on to the problem and remedial action was being planned. Opening the official app on my Oppo Android phone and hitting the "Log" button, I discovered there was no option for a Write Note log type. The only options were Owner Maintenance, Enable and Archive. To post my Write Note log, I had to open the cache in my browser.

It would be very helpful and appreciated if a Write Note option could be added to the list of log types for owned disabled caches. Thanks Groundspeak.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 6/11/2023 at 11:34 AM, thebruce0 said:

A quick fix between now and whenever/if it's addressed would be to open the listing in the mobile browser and post a Note from its web page. 

That's what I have to do now but it would be nice if the Write Note log type was an option in the geocaching app for owned, disabled caches....... but it isn't!

Edited by Calypso62