Reviewers - where is their area

itsoutside

We have a question that we haven't been able to find the answers to.  The question is What areas do Reviewers cover, is it specific to a State, County, Country?  Can a reviewer for the SW be located in Canada, Korea, Japan or??   It would seem to be best if the Reviewer were at least in the state where they are checking on caches right? THX

45 minutes ago, itsoutside said:

What areas do Reviewers cover, is it specific to a State, County, Country?

Some reviewers cover part of a state. Some cover an entire state. Some cover multiple states.

For example, I review earthcaches from New Mexico all the way to Virginia.

45 minutes ago, itsoutside said:

Can a reviewer for the SW be located in Canada, Korea, Japan or??

Sure. Reviewers are normally familiar with the territories they cover, but they don't have to be present in them to review an online listing.

After all, I can't live in all 14 states I cover at once. I currently review from Virginia. This summer, I'll move to Texas and will review from there. But I've lived in six of the states I cover, and I've at least been to, if not traveled throughout, the rest.

When I was tapped to be the earthcache reviewer for the southeastern US, I had just moved to Germany. I reviewed from there for a couple years until I moved back to the US.

Edited by geoawareUSA9
map
  • Helpful 2
24 minutes ago, geoawareUSA9 said:

Some reviewers cover part of a state. Some cover an entire state. Some cover multiple states.

For example, I review earthcaches from New Mexico all the way to Virginia.

Sure. Reviewers are normally familiar with the territories they cover, but they don't have to be present in them to review an online listing.

After all, I can't live in all 14 states I cover at once. I currently review from Virginia. This summer, I'll move to Texas and will review from there. But I've lived in six of the states I cover, and I've at least been to, if not traveled throughout, the rest.

When I was tapped to be the earthcache reviewer for the southeastern US, I had just moved to Germany. I reviewed from there for a couple years until I moved back to the US.

Thanks. We realize what a huge job it is to review caches but wondered about a reviewer who hasn't lived in the US for decades. As we all know things have changed a lot and keeping up with it all (different states) on a volunteer status takes a lot of time and we appreciate the work.