Wheel of Challenge “leaderboard”

Last month’s challenge was easy to keep track of - number of finds.  Since it wasn’t meant to be a competition with others, a leaderboard wasn’t important (it was mentioned, but I couldn’t find it).This months, though is a bit more complicated.  I think there should be a ‘personal progress’ feature or option that should be easy to find, letting you know how many points you have received.  I asked HQ and got a double speak, gobbledegook answer about coding, and a suggestion - bring it up here.  Let me say now that it isn’t important in the grand scheme of things - souvenirs are not a big deal to me, but I think they should make it easy to keep track of personal progress.

9 hours ago, zoothornrollo said:

Last month’s challenge was easy to keep track of - number of finds.  Since it wasn’t meant to be a competition with others, a leaderboard wasn’t important (it was mentioned, but I couldn’t find it).This months, though is a bit more complicated.  I think there should be a ‘personal progress’ feature or option that should be easy to find, letting you know how many points you have received.  I asked HQ and got a double speak, gobbledegook answer about coding, and a suggestion - bring it up here.  Let me say now that it isn’t important in the grand scheme of things - souvenirs are not a big deal to me, but I think they should make it easy to keep track of personal progress.

The leaderboard seems to be working perfect this month, although it just started 11 minutes ago. 

I think everyone agrees there should be a personal progress feature on the app.

Edit: It seems to be working great except for not counting ALs, which the blog post said are included!

Edited by Max and 99
48 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

If you are still having trouble finding the leaderboard we can help.

On the old dashboard click on "Friends" then the word leaderboard at the top right corner.

On the new dashboard on the left column is a Leaderboard link.

That helped.  Like I said, it should be easy to find.  I never would have found it.  Geocaching isn’t a competition to me.

• Surprised 1
9 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

If you are still having trouble finding the leaderboard we can help.

On the old dashboard click on "Friends" then the word leaderboard at the top right corner.

On the new dashboard on the left column is a Leaderboard link.

Would be even more helpful if the leaderboard was accurate.

O my God! Thank you for this picture, which shows the location!

I am living in Sweden, my Geocaching.com-site is translated, all terms are in Swedish, but I guess I'm mostly thinking in English while geocaching (my native language is Dutch).

So in Swedish it's called "Topplista", which I just ignored, because I expected the Leaderboard to be specific for the Wheel of Challenges.

And I remember the Leaderboard from last year, for Reach the Peak, no problems to find it then.

O well, I feel rather stupid, but the problem is solved, thanks for that!

On 5/1/2023 at 6:43 AM, zoothornrollo said:

This is big news. I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement about it!

In today's newsletter:

Screenshot_20230912-113503.png

Edited by Max and 99