Text in English or not?

Torgut

LANGUAGE NOTE: We recognize Waymarking as a global hobby and welcome waymarks from all countries.
Because of our international scope, we also acknowledge ENGLISH as our lingua franca.
English will create the highest level of accessibility globally.
All waymarks must have at least a short description in ENGLISH.
We encourage bilingual and multilingual waymarks, but one of the languages must be English.

I have a copy of this, and place it in the decline notification, when reviewing Waymark submissions to categories I'm an officer in.

17 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Can you tell me specifically where this is stated on the Waymarking site? Thanks.

Don't know!

Might even be from a forum discussion.

Anything I've declined with that has always come back with a translation.

(I do run the description through a translator, just to check there are no glaring errors, so they can be corrected at the same time.)

On 4/20/2023 at 4:43 PM, Max and 99 said:

Can you tell me specifically where this is stated on the Waymarking site? Thanks.

He can't, because it isn't.

It is, however, a part of the requirements of at least a few other categories, copied and pasted from one to the next, as it should be for all categories.

However, I applaud his attitude, as well as the methodology in his handling of the matter, as it appears to be achieving the correct results, with essentially NO Muss, NO fuss.

Keith

Edited by ScroogieII