Ibycus and Montana Pre-loaded Map Questions

revrnd

I had Ibycus on my GPSMAP64 as I found it more accurate than TopoCanada. I've loaded it onto my Montana 700. It shows up on Map Manager (and I can 'toggle' it on or off), but when I go to to the map page and click on layers, Ibycus isn't visible. Any suggestions?

Also, there is a map layer labeled 'Popularity', any idea what that is?

TIA
12 hours ago, revrnd said:

I see that, now which file does a person download, Garmin or Garmin Contours? How do I remove the Ibycus map from my GPSr?

Finally, why in the world does adding maps have to be a 15 step procedure? Not all of us live & breathe computerese 24/7...

You would download both assuming you want contours. I would think you would just delete the Ibycus img file from the Garmin folder of the GPS.

2 hours ago, MaliBooBoo said:

You would download both assuming you want contours. I would think you would just delete the Ibycus img file from the Garmin folder of the GPS.

Thank you.

I just checked & Ibycus was on the microSD card, so removing the card, removed the map. Now to download the above maps. Anything I should know?

Edited by revrnd
On 4/14/2023 at 6:02 PM, MaliBooBoo said:

Check this out:

https://garmin.opentopomap.org/ 

On 4/17/2023 at 9:46 AM, MaliBooBoo said:

I was just over to the download page & I see the files have a date of 2023-12-23, would I be correct in saying that they have been updated since I downlaod them in April? If If want these files, is it just a case of deleting the current files on my microSD card & downloading the new files?