Picture title text truncated

Gamboy

If you think it has something to do with the emojis, then....frankly, stop using them.

Originally, this was a text-based game & website and it's certainly possible that they're not entirely compatible everywhere.

I'm not trying to be snarky or insulting, but if you really think they're the culprit, then why continue to use them in a place where you know they cause headaches? What's more important; displaying your comments on your log photos, or making your pic descriptions 'cute' or 'hip'?

Personally, I'd rather read what you had to say rather than marvel at how you 'dressed it up'.

1 hour ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

But, if they were my caches, I'd care.

With one exception, I'm not bothered by photos of my containers as long as they don't give away the hiding place. A lot of the time my descriptions say what the container is anyway, and even when it's something themed (like this toy locomotive at the end of The Great Train Heist) I'm not unduly concerned.

Spoiler.jpg.a2ba7fcc3a4a26fcde6697297ec25898.jpg

I'm just glad it didn't topple over the cliff when they were taking that photo, as I had happen with a trackable I was photographing there (luckily I was able to retrieve it from the bottom). My caches are mostly about the journey to GZ, with the themed container just the icing on the cake, and knowing in advance what the container looks like is unlikely to spoil anyone's experience. The exception is a novelty container in a dark cave that has special effects activated by the searcher's light; that one I really do want to keep as a surprise.

Getting back to the OP's problem, I'm not seeing that on any of the cache page photos with plain text captions, with the View Log and Print Pictures links moving to the right with longer titles. But in the gallery, those links are on the far right rather than being immediately after the text, so I wonder if something's changed recently.

Gallery.jpg.af42a1c75f2c919c3496ea8a6b87201a.jpg

On 12/28/2022 at 2:29 AM, Gamboy said:

Since a few days, some of the titles of our log pics get truncated when logging on the website. In particular, the ones with more than one emoji.

Your images show the truncated text. What is it supposed to be (not truncated)?  Have you tried editing the image and adding more text? Looking at your profile I see other logs with i more than one emoji that aren't truncated. https://coord.info/GL18X7W1A

You use a lot of emojis. Emojis use special characters and I suspect you've found some the aren't playing nice with the image text rather than just an issue with more than one. Maybe try a different emoji and see if that helps. 

• Funny 1