The Cateran Trail, Scotland

vw_k

Has anyone done this trail recently? I like the idea of doing it and qualifying for one of the geocoins but it seems some of the caches have been archived/not maintained and I can't find a list of "participating businesses" on the associated website.

On 11/7/2022 at 7:57 AM, vw_k said:

Has anyone done this trail recently? I like the idea of doing it and qualifying for one of the geocoins but it seems some of the caches have been archived/not maintained and I can't find a list of "participating businesses" on the associated website.

Another idea is to contact someone who recently found some of those geocaches. I just spot checked a few and the most recent that I saw was 3 months ago. They might have some insight.

• Helpful 1

Thanks for the advice. I've e-mailed them to ask if the geotrail is still being maintained, if the geocoin offer is still active and if they have a list of participating businesses (buying 5 meals or staying 3 nights at a business seems the only way to get enough points for a geocoin!)

Another cacher told me they'd sent an e-mail and never got a reply so we'll see what happens. I might try contacting some recent finders and ask what their experiences were.

The geotrail & coin idea is great but it would be nice to get confirmation that a challenge like this is completeable before I start planning and booking what for me would be a significant vacation.