Travel Cost Assistance in NSW

colleda

Also, Hong Kong is promising to give away free airline tickets - which they already bought by the bucket load to keep the airlines afloat - when travel is fully open again.  (Ha!  Wake me up in a few years.)

I don't hold much hope for a free long-haul from North America.  (And psst, business class please; I'll make it up with, uh, restaurant spending.)

7 hours ago, colleda said:

Get yourself a $250 voucher from NSW government that can be used to help with your geocaching travel costs. Unfortunately it is for regional residents not metropolitan. E.g Lake Macquarie residents are eligible but not Newcastle residents.

There can't be many places in regional NSW you can actually travel to at the moment without bumping up against flooded roads.

Just now, barefootjeff said:

There can't be many places in regional NSW you can actually travel to at the moment without bumping up against flooded roads.

Correct Jeff. Even if the roads aren't flooded there has been a lot of damage. If I wasn't laid up at the moment, with a torn tendon in my shoulder, I would often get out on one of my Yamaha FJs or GoldWing, usually down Central Coast way. Yarramalong & Bumble Hill, Kulnura, Mangrove Mountain. Or Road Warriors cafe on Old Pacific highway  for bacon and egg brekky rolls but it's too dangerous due to potholes and washouts.