Creating a Wherigo cache

bcducky

I wanted to create a virtual cache but after writing up the cache I realize that Virtual caches are not allowed and are now called Wherigo. My question is will any geocacher be able to see it and find it? Can anyone help me figure this out. We have hidden 55 caches but never a Wherigo cache. Thanks

• Funny 1
13 minutes ago, bcducky said:

I wanted to create a virtual cache but after writing up the cache I realize that Virtual caches are not allowed and are now called Wherigo.

No, Wherigos aren't the same thing as a virtual and in fact Wherigos require a physical container and logbook at the final stage. The nearest thing to a virtual now is an Adventure Lab (see this Help Centre section).

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1

Well I will have to scrub that idea. I have wanted to have a cache in this park for a long time but anywhere in that park is to close to a AL final. Would you have another Idea? I do have permission to place a cache in this park. I have permission to place a cache in any park in the town.

By definition, the reference to an "AL Final" has to mean a Bonus Cache, which is a Mystery Cache whose coordinates are revealed by completing an Adventure.  That's because the container for the Bonus Cache is subject to the .1 mile cache saturation guideline limit, whereas the individual stages in an Adventure are virtual and are not subject to the .1 mile cache saturation guideline.

• Helpful 1