new cache missing from PQ

crunchiespg

27 minutes ago, crunchiespg said:

also even if i download the individual GPX file for that cache it doesn't show up on the garmin... 

Very confused, I've never had this issue in 20 years of GPS use.

It is very easy to accidentally set a filter that may make one or all caches not appear.  And sometimes it's tough to identify the errant filter.

Also, remember that caches beyond a certain distance of where the Garmin thinks it is (~60 miles or 100 km or so) will not automatically be shown.

• Helpful 2
1 hour ago, kunarion said:

It is very easy to accidentally set a filter that may make one or all caches not appear.  And sometimes it's tough to identify the errant filter.

Also, remember that caches beyond a certain distance of where the Garmin thinks it is (~60 miles or 100 km or so) will not automatically be shown.

This particular GPS was just factory reset, I got it for my kids to use, but honestly regret it, it's much harder to use than my 65s.

I deleted all the filters, not that I could actually see how to enable/disable the filters. 

Edited by crunchiespg
1 hour ago, crunchiespg said:

never mind, figured it out, for some reason it was duplicating GPX files on the SD card and in the internal memory, and only reading the older file.

That's a good reason for  always deleting all the older files before  loading new ones.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1