New here - need some help

hodakarider

Hi there!

My name is Mike and I have a problem icon_confused.gif

I recently tried to update my Magellan 315 to the latest firmware (3.15) and lost my factory database. I can no longer get it to initialize, and the update didn't even work. I would really appreciate it if someone in my area (Nelson, BC) with the Datasend cd could help me out with restoring the factory database so that I can get this thing working again ASAP!

Thanks,

Mike

Hi

I did the same thing, and had to send my unit to be replaced... Not exactly sure what happened, but it wasn't good.

I sent it to Bills Electronics in Mildmay, Ontario. There is probably someone much closer to you who can help.

Note that this wasn't free - I had to pay for the fix, in spite of the fact that I download (possibly the wrong?) firmware from the official site.

I did this well over a year ago, so the details fade.

Good luck.

Well, I can't comment as to that specifically, as I've used my at least once a week since I got it 3 years ago.

The only similar situation I've experienced was with a military GPS - it refused to initilize, until we left it alone for a afternoon, turned on and getting signal.

POC.

:-)

Probably of little use, but my Garmin eMap went dead last summer. Only after I let it sit for several hours with batteries removed did it decide to come back to life again (although everything had been wiped). The thought of not being able to Geocache that weekend was devestating!! Its been fine since - go figure.