Website errors

Sky Rookie

I recently moved, and want to get back into geocaching. I've done some here and there, but I started it all here in town. 

I went and placed 4 caches this afternoon, but went to the website to enter them, and the "hide a geocache" link just hangs, nothing loads. 

Then in my profile, it says some of my caches need attention, ok fair enough, but I click on that link and I get what looks like a javascript error. 

image.thumb.png.1df5ad4ea3eb22aebed80c94d4b20796.png

Has anything changed in all these years? I used my phone for the few that's I've done in the last few years. 

Sky Rookie

John

• Helpful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sky Rookie said:

I recently moved, and want to get back into geocaching. I've done some here and there, but I started it all here in town. 

I went and placed 4 caches this afternoon, but went to the website to enter them, and the "hide a geocache" link just hangs, nothing loads. 

Then in my profile, it says some of my caches need attention, ok fair enough, but I click on that link and I get what looks like a javascript error. 

image.thumb.png.1df5ad4ea3eb22aebed80c94d4b20796.png

Has anything changed in all these years? I used my phone for the few that's I've done in the last few years. 

Sky Rookie

John

Also when I click on my hides, and traditional the page just spins. It doesn't load anything. It seems, most of the links to access my actual info don't work. I can read most everything, but to change is not working. I was able to update my profile, but that's it. Any ideas why these pages are not loading?

53 minutes ago, Sky Rookie said:

Also when I click on my hides, and traditional the page just spins. It doesn't load anything. It seems, most of the links to access my actual info don't work. I can read most everything, but to change is not working. I was able to update my profile, but that's it. Any ideas why these pages are not loading?

Probably a dumb suggestion but have you confirmed on your profile that your email is still validated?

1 hour ago, Max and 99 said:

Probably a dumb suggestion but have you confirmed on your profile that your email is still validated?

Not sure how to do that, but I will say they emailed me the correct email when I downloaded my stats/finds GPX. 

Also in those emails, I'm unable to download straight from the email. I have to go to the website to download PQs. 

I deleted my antivirus, I need to reinstall it anyway since I moved. I'm curious if the windows firewall is interfering. 

3 minutes ago, Sky Rookie said:

Not sure how to do that, but I will say they emailed me the correct email when I downloaded my stats/finds GPX. 

Also in those emails, I'm unable to download straight from the email. I have to go to the website to download PQs. 

I deleted my antivirus, I need to reinstall it anyway since I moved. I'm curious if the windows firewall is interfering. 

Ok, I see in my profile it does say "validated" next to my email. 

17 hours ago, mschwem said:

I've been having the exact same problem, though I haven't gotten any error messages - just basically nothing is loading for me, and this has been going on for months now.

It's weird I have the problems on my Xfinity (cable modem), but don't have the problems on my hotspot from my phone. I don't get it. 

This morning the message page won't load now! Of course, works fine on my phone. 

image.thumb.png.cc135c9fa2f99db66fa9cbfea316df79.png

7 hours ago, Sky Rookie said:

It's weird I have the problems on my Xfinity (cable modem), but don't have the problems on my hotspot from my phone. I don't get it. 

This morning the message page won't load now! Of course, works fine on my phone. 

image.thumb.png.cc135c9fa2f99db66fa9cbfea316df79.png

I've been having this problem on two separate wifis, my home wifi (which I believe is xfinity) and my dorm room wifi (currently a college student).  I would really like to get it figured out because I'd love to place my first cache this weekend and I can't even register it.

I regularly get the same issue

Safari Version 15.3 (17612.4.9.1.8)

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

Cleared caches, restarted safari. Works for a short time then back to not working. Rebooted and repeated same process then back to not working.