Update Information for Using Gift Card

hallycat

1 minute ago, Max and 99 said:

Can you be any more specific?

1. In your Settings, select Account
  2. Select Edit Membership.
  3. Select Stop Recurring Membership to cancel the auto-renew feature of your membership.
  4. Select Renew Membership.
  5. Enter the Gift Membership Number "XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX" into the Enter Gift or Promo Code field.
  6. Select Apply.
  7. Select Review Order.

That is what it says. This is what I see, no option to EDIT MEMBERSHIP

image.png.2a30480400af6e608ffc53b20a0cd8ef.png

https://www.geocaching.com/account/documents/refundpolicy#:~:text=If you have purchased an,Membership" tab%2C then "Manage

Premium Subscription Cancellation

Stopping an auto-renewing Subscription purchased on our Site

If you have purchased an automatically renewing Premium Membership on our Site and would like to stop the Subscription from automatically renewing, you can do so at any time by logging in to Geocaching.com, clicking the down arrow next to your username, and selecting "Settings." Click the "Membership" tab, then "Manage Premium Membership" and "Cancel Recurring Membership."

Except if you terminate your Subscription in accordance with section 5.3 and section 6.1 below and under the limitations provided below, any amount paid prior to your cancellation will not be refunded and you will remain liable for the full Subscription fee for the applicable term.

Stopping an auto-renewing Subscription purchased through Apple or Google

If you purchased an automatically renewing Premium Membership through an App Store and would like to cancel your Subscription, you will need to do so in your Google Play or your Apple iTunes/App Store account directly. Instructions can be found here:

Google Play (Web)/Google Play (Mobile)

Apple iTunes/App Store

Note: Certain Premium memberships initially purchased with PayPal prior to May 2010 may require you to cancel directly with Paypal.

Edited by Max and 99
8 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

https://www.geocaching.com/account/documents/refundpolicy#:~:text=If you have purchased an,Membership" tab%2C then "Manage

Premium Subscription Cancellation

Stopping an auto-renewing Subscription purchased on our Site

If you have purchased an automatically renewing Premium Membership on our Site and would like to stop the Subscription from automatically renewing, you can do so at any time by logging in to Geocaching.com, clicking the down arrow next to your username, and selecting "Settings." Click the "Membership" tab, then "Manage Premium Membership" and "Cancel Recurring Membership."

Except if you terminate your Subscription in accordance with section 5.3 and section 6.1 below and under the limitations provided below, any amount paid prior to your cancellation will not be refunded and you will remain liable for the full Subscription fee for the applicable term.

Stopping an auto-renewing Subscription purchased through Apple or Google

If you purchased an automatically renewing Premium Membership through an App Store and would like to cancel your Subscription, you will need to do so in your Google Play or your Apple iTunes/App Store account directly. Instructions can be found here:

Google Play (Web)/Google Play (Mobile)

Apple iTunes/App Store

Note: Certain Premium memberships initially purchased with PayPal prior to May 2010 may require you to cancel directly with Paypal.

I am perfectly able to find and read that information on my own, thanks. My post here was to alert someone that WORKS for Groundspeak that their instruction page does not match what a member sees when they follow the steps outlined.

I will contact them directly.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1
2 hours ago, hallycat said:

I am perfectly able to find and read that information on my own, thanks. My post here was to alert someone that WORKS for Groundspeak that their instruction page does not match what a member sees when they follow the steps outlined.

I will contact them directly.

Wow. I thought it matched much better than the instructions you had posted. It didn't have the "edit" and gave more information on recurring memberships. 

You're welcome.

Edited by Max and 99
On 2/11/2022 at 8:30 PM, Max and 99 said:

Wow. I thought it matched much better than the instructions you had posted. It didn't have the "edit" and gave more information on recurring memberships. 

You're welcome.

FWIW I reached out, this was the answer to why I couldn't add a new payment method.

"After a transaction is cancelled, we give Premium members a 14-day grace period. After this grace-period, you may order a new Premium membership with updated billing details."

I also mentioned the site not being matched to what it tells you do do.Whether they fix it or not remains to be seen.

Update to this, it's been more than 14 days since I turned off Paypal. I am still not able to add a gift card as it still says Paypal.

Replied to the original mail and not heard back, replied another time and crickets. Going to reply again now and tell them I am still waiting to hear. <eyeroll>

• Funny 3
  • Helpful 1

So I opened a new request and got another answer, which was not clear when I was first answered.

I have taken a look at your account and I see that your current membership is set to run through June 28th, 2022. 

Your 14-day grace period wouldn't start until that date. You will be able to update your payment method as soon as it gets closer to your expiration date. 

Best regards, 

• Surprised 2
  • Helpful 1