Issue with "navigate " feature

newarkdad

I'm new to Geocaching and I'm having an issue with the "navigate" feature. The screen is always "keep map north up" mode and the toggle is set to off. I'm using an iPhone SE for my Geocaching. Any help would be appreciated. Finding Geocaches is difficult when screen is not adjusting. 

Thanks in advance.

newarkdad

12 hours ago, newarkdad said:

I'm new to Geocaching and I'm having an issue with the "navigate" feature. The screen is always "keep map north up" mode and the toggle is set to off. I'm using an iPhone SE for my Geocaching. Any help would be appreciated. Finding Geocaches is difficult when screen is not adjusting. 

Thanks in advance.

newarkdad

Sometimes this helps, sometimes it doesn't. Try turning the toggle ON, then OFF again.

13 hours ago, newarkdad said:

Thanks in advance.

newarkdad

What version is your IOS update?

There's a three year old thread that at least starts with posts that seem like your issue.  They just ceased discussing it, which tends to mean the problem cleared up.

The rest of that thread has a different issue (wandering distance, compass flips 180 degrees), and that remains unresolved.

Edited by kunarion
On 1/30/2022 at 1:25 AM, kunarion said:

There's a three year old thread that at least starts with posts that seem like your issue.  They just ceased discussing it, which tends to mean the problem cleared up.

The rest of that thread has a different issue (wandering distance, compass flips 180 degrees), and that remains unresolved.

Thanks for the reply. I'm running 15.2 on my SE. 

On 1/30/2022 at 1:25 AM, kunarion said:

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any problems with my iPhone SE compass. I'm running iOS 15.3. Really frustrating. Is there another app I might try? This issue makes it really hard to find geocaches. 

On 1/29/2022 at 11:53 AM, newarkdad said:

I'm new to Geocaching and I'm having an issue with the "navigate" feature. The screen is always "keep map north up" mode and the toggle is set to off.

What happens if you tap the map rotation icon in the upper left corner?  It should toggle between North Up and Track Up.

IMG_4742.jpg

The Geocaching App "Cachly" is pretty good.  Although I use a handheld Garmin GPS for the actual search, before a long trip I load PQs and Lists into The Official App, Cachly, and an App on my Droid (when I remember).  Often one App or device starts misbehaving upon arrival, so I have backups.  :anicute:

Edited by kunarion