Son of Zarbogalx: Container Build Pics

Some time ago I put a cache out called 'Zarbogalx: Hypno-Blob From The 12th Dimension'. It came about when I had a can of spray-foam and nothing to do with it, so I made a stupid container. It has long since been retired, but the other day I was in Home Depot passing the display of spray foam and figured why not reboot the little guy? I've been taking photos of the build process and thought I'd share them here. I hope they will inspire other players to make similarly stupid containers so I don't feel so bad about myself. 😀

First, a cut of wood sized for a Lock&Lock lid:

Z1.JPG

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Lostboy1966 said:

I layed out a sheet of plastic, put the wood block on it, then sprayed the foam all over the place, letting it swell.

Is there a particular spray foam to use?  I have some, but it’s spongy and fragile.

Or are you using a thick paint that forms a tough shell?

33 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Is there a particular spray foam to use?  I have some, but it’s spongy and fragile.

Or are you using a thick paint that forms a tough shell?

The foam is your basic 'Great Stuff' in the red can. Base paint is an exterior latex primer tinted with acrylic paints. Details are acrylic paint. It will get several coats of matte sealer before placing in the wild.

On 1/9/2022 at 6:15 PM, SeekTheCache said:

Wow!!

I am currently building a few containers for a project related to cinema and a few of my favourite movies. One of them is about Star Wars and I decided to go for the lightsaber, but, looking at your work, I was thinking that something like this would have made a fantastic Jabba the Hutt! :D

A Lightsaber Cache would be awesome! PVC base with a screw cap maybe? If you copy my foam, I may steal this idea. 😀 May the Cache be with you!

• Funny 1
7 hours ago, Lostboy1966 said:

A Lightsaber Cache would be awesome! PVC base with a screw cap maybe? If you copy my foam, I may steal this idea. 😀 May the Cache be with you!

Steal away!

I'm doing something with a solar lamp, not sure if it will work as well as I hope.

I can share how it turns out when it's done, if you like.