Retroactive trackable logging

BirdSearcher

Is there a quick/efficient way to retroactively log a trackable (that I own) as  having visited every cache that I have been to, in order? (This is not a travelling TB but a coin that I have owned for a while, that I don’t intend to release) Thanks in advance!

Edited by BirdSearcher

This seems like the sort of thing that "should" be easy and straight forward using GSAK or similar - after all, it's just adding an extra field to existing items in a database. However, I assume that this type of behavior is exactly the type of thing anti-spam and anti-bot programs and procedures are meant to prevent.

The one-at-a-time method would be the most reliable, though also the most tedious! Spending a few minutes each day doing five to ten logs would get it done without being a massive burden, though getting through 1,300 finds would take quite some time. Hopefully there's a better method someone can suggest.

I doubt that there's any quick and easy way to do this because of the intended use of trackables.

The idea, of course, was to have these things ACTUALLY travel with you, cache-to-cache-to-cache, and as you log caches, you'd register a drop/grab 'DIP' (earlier) or a 'VISIT' (now), so there shouldn't be any need to mass-log trackables.

Any such activity would normally be viewed as the equivalent of mass-spam-logging and therefore not built into the official application.

Now, in this case I get why you'd want to do it, but that's just ONE use-case, and NOT the use-case that drives system functionality.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad I learned about this concept early in my caching journey, so I have a TB that travels with me to all the caches that I visit. It just missed the first five or ten, so it's a few miles short of what GC says I've travelled, though not much. Though I was careful not to log it on GC8NEAT as the "locationless" cache is actually based somewhere in the US and added 10,000 onto logged TB's. For someone like BirdSearcher who wants to get one up and running after already having 1k+ finds, you have to really want it before committing to it.

Thanks for the input! I have had this TB coin for over a year, just kept forgetting to log it as ‘visiting’ caches that I found…however lately I have realized that it would have been handy to have been doing that all along since the TB journey map would show visually all the miles & places I have been caching. Maybe one rainy day I will get to work updating the logs..! Thanks again for your help.