How do I log a trackable?

lcandela123

32 minutes ago, lcandela123 said:

I picked up a travel bug a while ago, and I thought I logged it, but apparently not.  Now, I can't figure out how to do so.  I followed the website instructions, but it didn't work.  I have the tracking number, of course, so I expected to be able to type that in, and mark it as picked up.

What steps did you take?

Did you go to the TB page and retrieve it from the geocache?

Edited by Max and 99
2 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

What steps did you take?

Did you go to the TB page and retrieve it from the geocache?

Thanks for the reply.  I later figured out what the problem was.  I had logged it correctly a couple of months ago, but the travel bug itself doesn't match the tracking number.  Possibly the bug got separated from the tracking number, and was replaced by a cute Santa Claus toy.  So, I was trying to relog the travel bug, which isn't possible.  duh!

As Max pointed out before you can log it as discovered (merely seen) or retrieved (picked up and taken with you) you need to go to the TB page off main page under Play and enter the number. Merely logging in on the cache log will not do what you want. Try that and see what occurs. Main page- Play - TB- record a TB or a similar path. 

Good luck.

edit: I see you got it done,  so you may now skip this late message!

Edited by Jayeffel
  • Funny 1
38 minutes ago, lcandela123 said:

Thanks for the reply.  I later figured out what the problem was.  I had logged it correctly a couple of months ago, but the travel bug itself doesn't match the tracking number.  Possibly the bug got separated from the tracking number, and was replaced by a cute Santa Claus toy.  So, I was trying to relog the travel bug, which isn't possible.  duh!

Maybe I'm not getting it?

IIRC you can "relog" a trackable over and over... it just doesn't "count" after the first time found.  The "travel bug" is the tag.