[Bug?] Changed coordinates, map does not update

Tillylock

Hi all, 
I suspect there is a bug in the maps.

The coordinates of my hidden cache "Green murales - Outside In" (GC971TG) were updated more than one month ago (16 october 2021) by the approver as the old set of coordinates were wrong and pointing very far from the actual GZ. All went ok with the update, but the map seems to be still showing the old coordinates, both in the site and in the App. 

Can someone take a look and see if it's a bug or if I need to do something on my side to have the map refreshed?

Thanks, 
Tillylock 

58 minutes ago, Tillylock said:

Hi all, 
I suspect there is a bug in the maps.

The coordinates of my hidden cache "Green murales - Outside In" (GC971TG) were updated more than one month ago (16 october 2021) by the approver as the old set of coordinates were wrong and pointing very far from the actual GZ. All went ok with the update, but the map seems to be still showing the old coordinates, both in the site and in the App. 

Can someone take a look and see if it's a bug or if I need to do something on my side to have the map refreshed?

Thanks, 
Tillylock 

Holy cow. 69,000 meters???

I'm seeing the corrected coordinates on the map. Does this look like the new coordinates? I think it's safe to say everyone else is seeing the corrected coordinates too or else they would not be able to find the geocache!

Screenshot_20211129-085859.png

Edited by Max and 99
4 hours ago, arisoft said:

kuva.png.09c169c4fedee76f452d3fb933f71b30.png

kuva.png.c20c2d3c60be6233241979d84ca77f8c.png

Here are two possible ways you can see your coordinates on the cache description. I suspect that you see the set of coordinates that are both italic and underscored. Am I right?

I think Arisoft might have hit the nail on the head. If you're seeing the coordinates in italics, click on them to bring up the Enter solved coordinates box:

image.png.7984ee3cf9e4314326f9e56ca3984530.png

The Original coordinates should now be showing the new coordinates your reviewer put in, and clicking on Restore will fix your problem.

Hello all!
Indeed, Arisoft was on the right track, and thanks to Barefootjeff's instructions I was able to update the coordinates in the site. I didn't really know it needed such step... and maybe not even the reviewer knew either ;) 
Since on the app it still showed the old map, I just removed it, and reinstalled. Voilà, now all shows alright! *_* 

Thanks a lot everyone! 

Tiziana 

Edited by Tillylock

No I get it, but I believe we both missed the info that this steps needed to be done by the owner. I did flag to them the map was not updated, and they could not point me in this direction. No worries, no damage done, and now it's all fixed :)
I already have an idea on where to place my next one! 

Thanks again!
Tiziana 

• Funny 1