Bug: Message Center images not sent via email

PPete

If somebody writes a message including an attached image, the image isn't sent via email anymore. This has worked in the past. It's a disturbing issue, cause sometimes infos to me are sent via images. And by reading the notification email right now I don't even know that an image with important info has been attached.

• Funny 2
  • Helpful 3
On 11/16/2021 at 4:15 PM, hzoi said:

I understand this might be inconvenient. But disturbing (auf Deutsch, beunruhigend?) may be a bit far.

Picking on language subtleties in an international forum is a bit annoying ... or is it even disturbing ;) ?

Judging from his profile, the OP is a native German speaker. I assume that he wanted to say, that the bug is "störend" - the best English term in this context might be "annoying". But the basic form of the German verb, "stören", is generally translated as "to disturb". So many native German speakers are probably not aware that "disturbing" (in the given context) is a bit more severe than the German word "störend".

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 11/16/2021 at 4:28 AM, PPete said:

If somebody writes a message including an attached image, the image isn't sent via email anymore. This has worked in the past. It's a disturbing issue, cause sometimes infos to me are sent via images. And by reading the notification email right now I don't even know that an image with important info has been attached.

If I understand correctly:

You send someone a message thru the Message Center and include an image. When they get the email notification, there is no image?

I just tested it out, and the email is including an image. Using Firefox.

On 11/20/2021 at 12:39 AM, Max and 99 said:

If I understand correctly:

You send someone a message thru the Message Center and include an image. When they get the email notification, there is no image?

I just tested it out, and the email is including an image. Using Firefox.

The images I have uploaded to messages have disappeared. And yes, no images are coming through with email either. I guess YMMV ??

On 11/20/2021 at 7:39 PM, Max and 99 said:

I just tested it out, and the email is including an image. Using Firefox

I just remembered one of my caching friends sent me a message with an image a couple of weeks ago so I went back to check the email and, yes, the image is in the email. Well, sort of, it's postage-stamp sized and pretty useless...

image.png.7a7f0de528c38595b02399c86c7252d1.png