Huntsville, Alabama - suggestions??

erik88l-r

I'll be spending Wednesday night in Huntsville and am looking for a few good caches to do in the late afternoon/early evening. I won't have time for long hikes, but hope to find something a bit more than a drive by micro.

In doing a search I found several that have languished through several finds with soaked log books, which I'm not interested in. I did find several others that looked promising but hoped that local geocachers could give some recommendations too. Thanks! ~erik~

Huntsville has a HEAP of caches. It's a pretty area, so you shouldn't be too hard-pressed to find a fun one. I haven't cached in the area, but I'm sure you will do fine. Search by area code Huntsville - 35801. Another nearby area with lots of caches is Decatur -- Zip 35601.

Have fun, and let us know what you find.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

The caches on Rainbow Mountain are good. There's Girls Rockin, Broken Nose, Christmas Tree and Rainbow Mountain Cache.

While in that area, you may as well try for Consensual Worlds, Operation Wingnut and Chew Chew Cache.

It should be a pretty simple matter to hit all of those in a couple of hours. They represent a pretty good range of hides as well.

Huntsville is one of my favorite out-of-town caching destinations, but I think all the caches I listed are actually in Madison. Practically the same though. icon_smile.gif