OV find in log?

mrscarrey

Just now, K13 said:

I suspect that the group of three who found before you were making note of which cacher actually made the find. OV is a part of their caching name.

Oh my gosh, how did you know which cache I was referring to!? There must be a way to see my latest activity or something, lol, but that would make sense, thank you! Another question, if I cannot for the life of me figure out a puzzle, what is the protocol? Is it ok to message the owner and ask for more hints? 

1 minute ago, mrscarrey said:

Oh my gosh, how did you know which cache I was referring to!? There must be a way to see my latest activity or something, lol, but that would make sense, thank you! Another question, if I cannot for the life of me figure out a puzzle, what is the protocol? Is it ok to message the owner and ask for more hints? 

I clicked your name and am linked to your user profile. Your cache history/activity is displayed there.

As to asking for hints on puzzle caches, the cache owner is the best person to ask. When I need help, I always start my message with the steps I have tried, and the ideas I have about the solution. Thus far, I have been given the nudge to get me in the right direction toward a solution.

Good luck in this new hobby.

• Helpful 3
8 minutes ago, K13 said:

I clicked your name and am linked to your user profile. Your cache history/activity is displayed there.

As to asking for hints on puzzle caches, the cache owner is the best person to ask. When I need help, I always start my message with the steps I have tried, and the ideas I have about the solution. Thus far, I have been given the nudge to get me in the right direction toward a solution.

Good luck in this new hobby.

Thank you much!

On 11/9/2020 at 11:50 AM, mrscarrey said:

if I cannot for the life of me figure out a puzzle, what is the protocol? Is it ok to message the owner and ask for more hints? 

I have a lot of puzzle caches.  When someone asks me for help with them I first ask them what they have tried already, and as long as they have tried something, I help them as much as they need.

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
16 hours ago, NanCycle said:

I have a lot of puzzle caches.  When someone asks me for help with them I first ask them what they have tried already, and as long as they have tried something, I help them as much as they need.

Cool, I messaged them this morning and gave them what I had tried so far. Fingers crossed! 

• Upvote 1