Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Priorit

How long until cache publishing?

Recommended Posts

Hello fellow finders, I was wondering, how long does it take for submited cache to be published? I thought it had something to do with 7 days, but today it's 9 days since I submited my cache and still no response. Any ideas which might help? Thank you guys!

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi.  Did you actually click "Submit for Review"?  That's an extra step beyond just finishing the writeup.

 

Has the reviewer posted any note to the listing?

Share this post


Link to post

Your latest cache hide was properly submitted for review ten days ago.  But, there are a couple of issues which prevent it from being published.  I am sure that one of the local Community Volunteer Reviewers will explain these issues soon.  Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience!

  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Priorit said:

Hello fellow finders, I was wondering, how long does it take for submited cache to be published? I thought it had something to do with 7 days, but today it's 9 days since I submited my cache and still no response. Any ideas which might help? Thank you guys!

 

It really depends. If geocaching events are going on, it may take a few weeks as our first cache did to be published.  But then again, we had a few hides that took only days to be published. The best thing to do is have patience and show respect to the reviewer as they are volunteers. You can also send a message to the reviewer in your area to see if there are any concerns you need to address. I know it's so hard, the waiting period, as we all are anxious to have our geocache hides published and cachers to find them, and read the excitement in their logs when found. But some reviewers review caches in multiple states, not just one area. A hint...when submitting a cache to be published, do not edit the cache after it's been submitted as that places it to the end of the list for them to review! Good luck and please let us know how it all works out! 

Edited by HunterandSamuel
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Keystone said:

Your latest cache hide was properly submitted for review ten days ago.  But, there are a couple of issues which prevent it from being published.  I am sure that one of the local Community Volunteer Reviewers will explain these issues soon.  Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience!

 

Thank you, hopefully the reviewer will let me know soon, because I can't think of any issues right now. I spend a lot of time making the cache and making sure everything is just fine before submitting. Thank you for your response!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Viajero Perdido said:

Hi.  Did you actually click "Submit for Review"?  That's an extra step beyond just finishing the writeup.

 

Has the reviewer posted any note to the listing?

 

Hello, yes, I did, it's not my first cache publish. This one is just taking really long when I compare it with the others.

 

No, he has not.

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Priorit said:

 

Hello, yes, I did, it's not my first cache publish. This one is just taking really long when I compare it with the others.

 

No, he has not.

 

I had a new geocache published notice pop up today in email. The date it was submitted was back in May! I think maybe the pandemic has a lot to do with the delay, depending on the area and if it's a hot spot? 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HunterandSamuel said:

 

I had a new geocache published notice pop up today in email. The date it was submitted was back in May! I think maybe the pandemic has a lot to do with the delay, depending on the area and if it's a hot spot? 

 

The "Hidden Date" doesn't necessarily mean that's when it was submitted for review. It defaults to the date the cache page was created and sometimes that can be many months before it's submitted, for example one of my national park caches took three months to get through the approval process before I was able to submit it for publication. I try to remember to update the Hidden Date to show when I actually placed the cache in position but that's easy to forget and not everyone does anyway. Then there was my most recent hide, a bonus cache for an Adventure Lab, which I placed in position while sussing out locations for the AL, but then spent almost a week fine tuning the AL before setting it to Public and submitting the bonus for publication.

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/19/2020 at 2:25 PM, Priorit said:

Hello fellow finders, I was wondering, how long does it take for submited cache to be published? I thought it had something to do with 7 days, but today it's 9 days since I submited my cache and still no response. Any ideas which might help? Thank you guys!

I have been told they are busy and volunteers  and have a list of them to go through... Iv had a couple of good ones where they ask lots of questions, an other which just left me waiting.. I guess its how busy they are! 

Share this post


Link to post

Be patient, some caches take awhile to get published, the longest for me has been about 5 months from when it was placed because of the Covid Pandemic. They are volunteers who spend hours of there time improving the game. They can have massive lists of caches to review and older caches get reviewed first.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3

×
×
  • Create New...