Can reviewer see my reply to a log?

TaraMart

Hi, 

So I have been having the old issue of a hide being rejected due to the proximity of hidden waypoints etc to caches that I can't see...

It happened the first time, so I, rather stupidly, created a whole new cache page pretty far away from my original location, and submitted it to review, only to have the same thing happen - this time. I responded to the reviewer's "Temporary disable listing" note with a "Post Reviewer Note", where I said "Could you please tell me if these coordinates, xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx, are suitable, before I make yet another page?".

Is this an ok thing to do? Will the reviewer see it? It's only been 2 days since I posted it and I am sure they have lots to review, just making sure I'm not just shouting into the wind..!

Thanks all 

8 minutes ago, TaraMart said:

Hi, 

So I have been having the old issue of a hide being rejected due to the proximity of hidden waypoints etc to caches that I can't see...

It happened the first time, so I, rather stupidly, created a whole new cache page pretty far away from my original location, and submitted it to review, only to have the same thing happen - this time. I responded to the reviewer's "Temporary disable listing" note with a "Post Reviewer Note", where I said "Could you please tell me if these coordinates, xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx, are suitable, before I make yet another page?".

Is this an ok thing to do? Will the reviewer see it? It's only been 2 days since I posted it and I am sure they have lots to review, just making sure I'm not just shouting into the wind..!

Thanks all 

I know this is not the answer to your question,   but you don't have to create a whole new page.   Before the cache is published,  everything on the page is editable and you can reuse the same page for a new cache. 

• Upvote 2

Your (one) cache page is disabled.  You need to resubmit the page for review in order for your reviewer to see and respond to your question about the alternative coordinates.

Pro tip:  I'm quicker to respond to coordinate check requests (1) if the location is supplied as either the posted coordinates or an additional waypoint, so that I don't have to input them separately, and (2) if only supplied in a reviewer note, the coordinates are expressed in the standard Degrees / Decimal Minutes format used by Geocaching.com.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 3