Puzzle caches moving after found

When I update the coordinates after solving, it shows the cache where it actually is placed on the map. When I log a cache as found, the icon is moved back to the bogus coordinates. Is there a way to fix or bypass this? I’d like to see their actual location to navigate future hiding places.

Edited by Ry Dawg
1 hour ago, Ry Dawg said:

When I update the coordinates after solving, it shows the cache where it actually is placed on the map. When I log a cache as found, the icon is moved back to the bogus coordinates. Is there a way to fix or bypass this? I’d like to see their actual location to navigate future hiding places.

An old discussion. I too wish we could choose which coords display on the map.

Likewise. Just remembered this recently myself.  On the flipside, to my knowledge Cachly doesn't have the option of showing solved mysteries at the posted coordinates (for viewing geoart).   Why can't they both provide both options for viewing coordinates? (show updated, or posted)  blargh.

But yes, having the option on the official map would be very welcome.

• Love 1

When I first notice this a year or two ago, I thought it was a reasonable arbitrary choice, so I lived with it even though I didn't like it much. But as time goes on, I find it more and more annoying and confusing. I've lost track of the number of times I've been unable to track down a puzzle cache I found because, of course, I know nothing at all about where it's posted, I only know where I found it. While I still -- just barely -- consider this a personal preference, I'm very close to saying that the justification of returning geoart to its original location is not worth the cost in general, not just in my opinion. So an option would be great, but personally I'd say that in the absence of an option, they shouldn't move.