How long is a cache "New"

Twinklekitkat

The "new" tag is based on the placement date, not the publication date.  So, if you hid a cache and created/submitted the cache page on January 10, using January 10 as the "date placed," but there were issues in the review process so that the cache was published on January 20, it would never show up with the "new" tag.  But, if that cache was published on January 13, it would have the "new" tag for four days, until January 17.

• Helpful 1
3 minutes ago, Keystone said:

The "new" tag is based on the placement date, not the publication date.  So, if you hid a cache and created/submitted the cache page on January 10, using January 10 as the "date placed," but there were issues in the review process so that the cache was published on January 20, it would never show up with the "new" tag.  But, if that cache was published on January 13, it would have the "new" tag for four days, until January 17.

Thank you both for replying and Keystone for even further clarification.  That is now added to my knowledge base and I will update my cache pages accordingly when I am ready to submit for review.

49 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I continually update the Placed By date whenever I'm editing a cache and getting it ready to submit.

Yes, I try to remember to update the placed date as soon as I get home from putting the container out in its hiding spot. For one cache, the permission process with National Parks dragged on and on and it was about three months from when I created the cache page to when I was finally able to put the cache there. Luckily I remembered to update the date!