Feature request: Add your own waypoints (Like personal notes)

ardila.nl

I would love to see the ability to add your own waypoints to a cache.

It happens quite a lot than when I'm planning a day of geocaching that a cache will not include parking coordinates or has a extra point in the text.

I know I could manually create the waypoints and add them to the GPS but it would be nice of they could be added to the cache so they are automatically added when generating a PQ or offline list

Some possible rules:

• Only visible to you
  • Included when generating PQ
  • Included in offline download in app
  • Specify a wp type, name coordinates, and maybe some text
  • Premium only?
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 4
  • Love 1

I think one (minor) hurdle to get over would be the fact that there's only personal note per cache with a max character size. How many waypoints should they allow per cache?

Every app I've used has allowed local custom waypoints, and I think even if they were incorporated in the API apps would probably still want the ability to store local-only waypoints. In which case, I suppose there could be value in allowing a certain number of personal waypoint per listing for the purpose of syncing to the app easily... I dunno, seems like a finnicky feature to implement smoothly.  Personally I drop coordinates into the personal note, and the app and/or website can then deal with the coordinates in their own way. (I tend to do puzzles this way - solve on desktop then transfer waypoints and data to Cachly via the Notes, where waypoints and corrected coordinates can easily be applied). Tis an interesting idea though