Drafts deleted caches logged - map !draft! a month later

Isonzo Karst

Windows Firefox 70.0.0 Scripts disabled

October 30, I found 6 caches, marked them found in my Garmin Oregon 450.  Came home, uploaded the finds to the fieldnotes page. Logged finds, deleted the set from the fieldnotes page.

Two of them continue to show on the Geocaching map as the blue exclamation point of saved field note. I assumed that eventually this would go away.  However, a month later, the map still shows two of them as with drafts.  The two caches are logged as found, and I have no  pending drafts for them on the fieldnotes page.   I can live with this.

I think this has been reported before, and somebody may have a suggestion? 

See image below of map as I see it.

field note on map.jpg

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Isonzo Karst said:

as soon as I log a couple of Earthcaches with saved field notes, I'll try that.

To be clear I meant to log  Field Notes on those two Trad caches that are showing the wrong icon. Even if you do end up posting new "Write Notes" against the caches you will be able to delete them afterwards, just write a note saying something like "Posting this to try and clear a problem with uploading field note, I will delete shortly"

Yes, i understood your post - save a Write note log to gps  - upload to site, post logs from them,  then delete the field notes - seems like it's worth trying.  

I also made sure that the PQ wasn't in my phone as a "list".  I don't believe I saved a draft log on those on the phone, but i'm not 100% sure of that.    In doing that I discovered that on the phone in the Geocaching.com app, those caches display correctly =;-)

Today I uploaded geocache_visits.txt from my GPS and used the found/DNF logs from my GPS as Drafts. I then logged the caches using the Drafts.

I deleted the rest of the Drafts after logging todays geocaches.

But a lot of caches are now shown with the blue exclamation mark icon on the maps page on the web.

How can I get rid of those?

I really don't want to log a note on 100+ geocaches...

Geocaching20200322drafts.png.a968bc001f9c1161b6c9d7a3ac5ba802.png

/Mogens

On 3/23/2020 at 10:35 PM, Mineral2 said:

Just curious why you're all deleting drafts after logging them? If you log through the draft, it will disappear on its own after logging.

Because I rarely use the function and only needed to log the caches found that day.

But by uploading the geocache_visits.txt file geocaching.com found a lot more than the ones I was interested in, so I deleted the rest, but still got the icons on the deleted ones.

/Mogens

Edited by deepo