Cachers in North Central Arkansas or South Central Missouri

Greg&Christy

We're in Conway, AR. Seems like we're kind of "cache poor" around here, although the number is increasing s-l-o-w-l-y.

BTW, I think that the best way to get more caches is to get more geocachers! I'm looking for some suggestions on how we can get the word out to the community. An article ran about two weeks ago in the Conway paper about the sport, but there must be more that we can do...

I've added a signature on my email client that refers to geocaching.com. Any other ideas?

icon_biggrin.gif Looks like tmac and bitbrain are ganging up on crazy people! Wanted to let you know that we're perfectly sane - except for geocaching!

We're also trying to encourage more cachers and caches in the area - glad to see that things are expanding in our region. Now, if we could just lure some of those spoiled, urban cachers from Memphis over here to check out some REAL caches! icon_eek.gif

We're very pleased with our new White River and Last Ferry caches and are constantly looking for new places to put caches. We feel that more caches will draw more people. As tmac says - if you place them, they will come!

Also - Pointer and Setter are just over in the Harrison area and have placed some nice caches.

quote:
Originally posted by cachecrazies:

icon_biggrin.gif Looks like tmac and bitbrain are ganging up on crazy people! Wanted to let you know that we're perfectly sane - except for geocaching!

and a banana picture is someting a sane person would have! icon_biggrin.gif

join.gif

Click to subscribe to ozmtngeocachers

if you cache it, they will come.

since you all have gotten soooo much rain lately, i'm gonna try to get to "bukeyes planted in arkansas" this weekend with my business parnter. by the way, how is the area after the tornados? i didn't see you on the news so i took it to mean you are ok.

join.gif

Click to subscribe to ozmtngeocachers

if you cache it, they will come.

On the weekend of May 17, any of y'all in the area are more than welcomed to join us for camping & canoeing (and a little caching). I'm not going to post it as an event cache 'cause this started out as a Pressure Relief Expedition for a bunch of us Network/Computer/Engineering geeks at work a few years ago and this is the eighth trip in the series...

If you want to join us, we'll be camping at Many Islands Friday & Saturday nights. Canoeing will be on Saturday -- we usually hit the river around 11:00am to give the day-trippers time to make the drive from Memphis.

Campsite should be within a stone's throw of N36° 23.520 W91° 31.846. Just look for a cluster of vehicles with those oval GEO stickers. icon_smile.gif Should be a reddish Saturn and a green S-10 for sure.