Feature Request: Personal Note on Profile

Twinklekitkat

I recently met some new to me geocachers while attending a mega event.  I think a nice feature would be a space on their public profile (when I am viewing it) where I could add their real name and where they are from and where we met as well as anything else I might like to.  Akin to the personal cache note on a geocaching page.  These notes would be visible to me only and no one else when viewing their profile.  There is no where on this site to do that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1

Old school, I've kept an address book,  all in alphabetical order under their account names.      :)

Below are their "real" names, maybe kids names, and email if they asked me to message them for something.   Simple.

If I meet someone once, the next time they're called by their name, matching attendeds with the book.

Last year the other 2/3rds  overheard a couple say that they felt accepted with someone actually remembering them.

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Old school, I've kept an address book,  all in alphabetical order under their account names.

Old school used to keep notes in a notebook about geocaches, too. Sure, there are other ways to do it, but the suggested feature is as logical as the same feature we already have for geocaches.

46 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

If I meet someone once, the next time they're called by their name, matching attendeds with the book.

Wow, I wish I could do that. It might help if every time I looked at their profile page, my private note saying "His name is Jim, her name is Alice" popped up.

Anyway, like private notes on TBs, I've had occasion to wish for this feature, but I'm not convinced it would actually turn out to be that useful in practice. So I wouldn't campaign for it, but I'd try it out if it were available. (This just reminded me that in the early days, one of the ideas of the web was that the local system would let you keep notes about any given page you happen to be viewing. I've wished for that feature in a wide range of situations.)

I've kidn of desired that option for many years, back to around when I started caching. It would certainly be nice to keep a personal, and geocaching.com relevant note, along with usernames.  The example of personal name reminders is a prime one.  And I too have an external address book and contact list. But I don't want to keep creating new entries for every GC name I come across. Much easier just to add a note on the website for the user where I'm already logged in and it's much more directly relevant.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1