Placing a new Cache near an Archived one???

We live in a rural area and love cruising the back roads on our side by side and ATVs...
In doing so, we stumbled upon an old Artesian Well that rumor has it was drilled in the 1950s.

I've always thought it would be cool to put a cache there so other can find and enjoy it.

I was searching for info on it and stumbled upon a old cache that has been archived since I think 2007. It looks like an admin or cache reviewer tried contacting the original owner of the cache and
asking about its status, then after 4 attempts he archived it.

Would it be ok to create a new one in the same area as the old one???
I'd like to stash an ammo can with a Geocaching logo and Cache ID on it and log as well as some swag in it.
Here is a link to its Cords,
https://coord.info/GCNG6F

If this would be OK, would it be ok to copy a lot of the info off of the old cache as details about the site have not changed.  Well except someone has actually repaired the well itself recently after the well casing/Cap rusted out.

I'd take some updated pics of the Well for the new page.

• Upvote 1

The cache was archived to make space for new cache.

22 minutes ago, solo63137 said:

If this would be OK, would it be ok to copy a lot of the info off of the old cache as details about the site have not changed.

You can add a link to the archived cache and add a summary in your description.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, solo63137 said:

We live in a rural area and love cruising the back roads on our side by side and ATVs...
In doing so, we stumbled upon an old Artesian Well that rumor has it was drilled in the 1950s.

I've always thought it would be cool to put a cache there so other can find and enjoy it.

I was searching for info on it and stumbled upon a old cache that has been archived since I think 2007. It looks like an admin or cache reviewer tried contacting the original owner of the cache and
asking about its status, then after 4 attempts he archived it.

Would it be ok to create a new one in the same area as the old one???
I'd like to stash an ammo can with a Geocaching logo and Cache ID on it and log as well as some swag in it.
Here is a link to its Cords,
https://coord.info/GCNG6F

If this would be OK, would it be ok to copy a lot of the info off of the old cache as details about the site have not changed.  Well except someone has actually repaired the well itself recently after the well casing/Cap rusted out.

I'd take some updated pics of the Well for the new page.

Absolutely!  One thing I'd keep in mind is that it appears someone else has taken an interest in the location as well, which could lead to more people (non cachers) visiting the area.  Keep it labeled, hide it well, and add a stash note so that hopefully it will stay put rather than grow legs and walk off.

• Upvote 1