How do I find caches to meet specific needs?

hammockhanger

2 hours ago, hammockhanger said:

I have 2 TBs in my possession. One wants to be placed in a cache by stairs, the other by music. I have not yet found any caches to meet those needs. They have been in my possession too long. 

If me, the first thing I'd do is remove your photo of the trackable with the code showing...

Some reason I only found the "stairs" one, but yeah, in two months you'll be into a year.

"Visit stairs around the world"  doesn't seem that difficult to me.    

I don't feel that it's a request to be left at caches with/by stairs at all,  just to visit different examples of stairs. 

Notice that there's no logs with a "stair" pic but yours, and a quick scan didn't show anyone else even mention stairs in their log.

I don't use a phone, so if I Retrieve a trackable I won't know what it's "goal" is until I get home.

If I can't make that goal, I'll drop it in the first nice cache I find the next time out. 

Retrieving a trackable doesn't make you committed to it.  If you can't help it's goal, Drop it in a cache and move on...  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, hammockhanger said:

I have 2 TBs in my possession. One wants to be placed in a cache by stairs, the other by music. I have not yet found any caches to meet those needs. They have been in my possession too long. 

I grabbed a music-themed cache once. I took photos of it at a concert, and then dropped it in a cache that was large enough for it.

I've since found a few musically-themed caches, but I don't recall any of them being big enough for a trackable.

• Upvote 1