Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marabou Muddler

Searching by cache owner names starting with a certain letter or number

I am trying to complete a challenge in which you have to have a cache placed by someone with a user ID starting with each letter of the alphabet and numbers 0 - 9. I have just several letters and numbers left, so I want to search only for caches placed with those specifics. For example, I want to do a search for caches placed by someone whose user name starts with a Q and another one with user IDs starting with a 9. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Most of the people I know that chase down these sorts of Challenges use GSAK with a more advanced filtering capabilities.

• Helpful 3

Look for the lists - bookmarked or in their logs - privided by other cachers who completed the challenge.

• Helpful 1

Project-GC will do that pretty easily.

On 7/1/2019 at 12:03 AM, K13 said:

Look for the lists - bookmarked or in their logs - privided by other cachers who completed the challenge.

I have found this to be exceptionally helpful, especially for those less common characters like Q or 0 (for some reason, few cachers like to connect themselves with "zero").

Ditto what others have said. If the challenge is old enough that finders are creating bookmark lists for it, check the lists. If it's newer and has project gc checker, check some finder names in the checker -  particularly if there's a finder name that you recognize from your area; thei finds for Q OWNER NAME, 9 Owner Name will likely be what you want.