image on cache page lying on its side

Sailaboat

Hi there,

For my cache GC37PR3, I uploaded a spoiler photo.  When I view the photo after upload, it's just fine.  When I then go to view the cache page the photo has been rotated to the left by 90 degrees.  I have tried to rotate the image from the page editing site with no luck.  I rotate the image, refresh the page, and nothing has happened.  If I go back, and view the cache page, refresh the page, nothing has happened.

Now here's the weird bit.  On a windows based machine I have tried Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge browsers, and the image is lying on its side.

On my iOS based devices, an iPhone and an iPad the image is correct.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

LSCR07 on its side.jpg

1 hour ago, Sailaboat said:

Suggestions?

Rotate the image with an image editor program and upload it again. This should solve the problem. When you rotate the image on the web site, the image is not actually rotated. Instead, a hint is added to the image and it depends on the program you are using to view the image whether the hint is used or not.

Now here's the weird bit.  On a windows based machine I have tried Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge browsers, and the image is lying on its side.

On my iOS based devices, an iPhone and an iPad the image is correct.

Suggestions?

The other 2/3rds iphones all had that issue. 

Apple says to take photos the way they show you,  "sideways" with the home button on the right.    :)

41 minutes ago, arisoft said:

That explains why my friend posts all his images rotated.

Every one I've seen does have a screen rotation lock, but the method to access is a little different in each one (important with the Xs and no home button ;-).

That's what that user guide's for (that nobody reads).  :D

The other 2/3rds is still using an 8  (that skeptical of biometrics thing I guess).   :)

I rotated the image and saved it as a new file.  Uploaded that file with the same results.  Still rotated and lying on its side.

The image has hint to rotate it. You used a program which can not rotate the image but only adds a hint to it.

Orientation

Rotate 90 CW

Edited by arisoft

I have no idea what your reply is about, relating to the hint.

After doing some Googling I concluded it was the EXIF data which wasn't being sent with the image when I e-mailed it to myself for uploading to the cache page.

I used the Camera51 app to resend the image to myself, and everything is just fine now.

Case closed.

Not sure if anyone cares or not, but I'd rate the answers to my post as being of zero use.

I have no idea what your reply is about, relating to the hint.

After doing some Googling I concluded it was the EXIF data which wasn't being sent with the image when I e-mailed it to myself for uploading to the cache page.

I used the Camera51 app to resend the image to myself, and everything is just fine now.

Case closed.

Not sure if anyone cares or not, but I'd rate the answers to my post as being of zero use.

Because of rotation and especially because of file size, I almost never upload photos directly from my phone.  I use a batch photo resizing program, or Photoshop Elements, both on my PC.  

Even if you un-rotate the photo on the site, it surprises you by still being rotated in various views.  But if you have a process that seems to work, go for it. :)

Classic...   Guess next time a threads started with not even a hint at what phone is causing the issues  (there's a few...) ,  it's easy to just pass it by.   :)