Caches in need of caring owners

makaio

Next week I will be flying to Phoenix to house hunt as the move date draws ever closer. I have a few caches that I'd hate to archive and hope some of you can volunteer to adopt them.

Dasein was kind enough to adopt my Blownads cache already. The remaining caches are:

XYZ/NGS - local Hillsboro cache. Currently active.

Silicon Forest - local Beaverton virtual cache. Currently active.

Mr McGrew - Very remote and located near O'Brien, OR, SW of Grants Pass. Note posted to cache to see if anyone watching it can take it. No regular maintence required and adoption not entirely necessary for this one.

Oregon History Lesson #4 (aka I Hate I-5 XI) - located near Eugene/Springfield and currently missing. I didn't replace it given the move, but folks have mentioned they love the spot so I'm hoping a local will take it and replace the cache, otherwise I can archive it.

Thanks for considering parental duties icon_smile.gif

-----

Matt

K7MTO

It seems the transfers are being handled by various geocaching.com folks as they work the Inbox. 2 of the 4 have been transferred and I'm sure the other two will be handled in short order. If nothing happens in the next week or two, I'll send a reminder note.

Thanks to all who adopted my caches. We just returned from Phoenix this evening having spent the weekend house hunting and ultimately signing a Purchase Agreement on a new home. We should be moving sometime in the next 30-60 days.

-----

Matt

K7MTO

Well isn't that a fine welcome home.

quote:
Biography:

I volunteer my time to review and approve new geocaches, and to help geocachers in setting up their caches. If you have questions about caching in California, please write to me!

.....or about losing caches in Oregon.

Who are the approvers in Oregon anyway???

quote:
Originally posted by pdxmarathonman:

How is http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=2203 for a nice welcome back from vacation after adopting a well regarded cache? Looks like the new admins have extra time on their hands. I sent email kindly requesting reactivation...

Thats a fine thing to come home to find. I hope that you can get it reactivated.

This is a fine cache with or without the bucket of mctoys at the end. Of course I am biased when it comes to this one. It was my first attempt and first find. It taught me how to use my etrex. When first starting to look for this one I was a completly green, after three trips to the park I felt like an experienced pro. Learned more about that park in those three trips than I had managed to learn about it when living less than 1/2 mile from it. Most importanly it was the experience of finding all the intermediate waypoints that hooked me on geocaching.

If memory serves me correct, this cache was allowed to remain after several others were pulled from the same park, provided that it was virtual.

Anyhow I got a little riled up with this news, I really hope that you can get it reactivated.

pdx33.gif

quote:
Originally posted by familyO'foxes:

Well isn't that a fine welcome home.

quote:
_Biography: _

I volunteer my time to review and approve new geocaches, and to help geocachers in setting up their caches. If you have questions about caching in California, please write to me!

.....or about losing caches in Oregon.

Who are the approvers in Oregon anyway???

Most of my caches of late have been approved by Team Misguided. A very cool group of people from up north way that we met at the Champoeg event this year. Rather disheartening to find an admin from out of the NW, with only 9 finds, that has only been a member since this past april nixing caches that have a long history of finds...

* Remember... Only you can pervert forest faeries... *

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

Guess that sounded different than I meant it too. I would like to first off say that our caches here have been getting approved just fine. Thanks especially to Moun10bike for the last two fast approvals on our events. Also, Team Misguided is also doing a fine job here in the NW.

What I meant to convey was, Why in the name of geocaching is someone from California archiving a cache in Oregon??

Thanks for allowing me to clarify. icon_biggrin.gif

Jay - FoF

Why would it need to stay a physical cache? This makes no sense to me. It's been a virtual for a year since the cache was removed and nobody had any problems with it. And THPRD has no problems with virtuals within their jurisdiction. Maybe the approver is new and on some sort of power trip?

Had I not transferred it to you, pdxmarathonman, I'd likely not bother with it an leave it archived, but I hope you can work it out with the approvers.

-----

Matt

K7MTO