Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seabee-MC/HNY

mobile Application

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to load a GPX file to the app? Meaning coordinates for teaching how to find caches that you put out for training.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Seabee-MC/HNY said:

Is there a way to load a GPX file to the app?

 

Since you already are Premium, every Pocket Query you create, will be available both in your profile in the homepage and the official app.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, RuideAlmeida said:

Since you already are Premium, every Pocket Query you create, will be available both in your profile in the homepage and the official app.

That doesn't address the original requirement for a GPX with "coordinates for teaching how to find caches that you put out for training".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, niraD said:

That doesn't address the original requirement for a GPX with "coordinates for teaching how to find caches that you put out for training".

 

Agreed.  The app could use an "Import" feature that would allow uploading a GPX file or even KML.   One could create a pocket query/list of a bunch of caches in an area, and also include a bunch of waymarks from the Waymarking.com site to include some other interesting points of interest.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

What exactly are you training?  What phone OS?

 

Another app might be more suitable, depending...

 

Edited by Viajero Perdido

Share this post


Link to post

There is a way to share a GPX with others. Sort of. 😉

Make a list and make it shareable. 

Click Share and email the link to others. 

The others click the link and open your list.

They click Copy List. This copies your list into their Lists page.

In the Geocaching app, they select Lists from the menu and select the list.

 

Will this work for Basic members as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JohnCNA said:

Make a list and make it shareable. 

It doesn't sound like the OP is using published geocaches. It sounds like the OP is using "caches that you put out for training", or temporary caches placed specifically for teaching others about geocaching.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, niraD said:

It doesn't sound like the OP is using published geocaches. It sounds like the OP is using "caches that you put out for training", or temporary caches placed specifically for teaching others about geocaching.

I think you're right. So sad that the Groundspeak app doesn't import GPX files like all the other third-party apps do. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

×