What is the best geocache container worth a favourite point?

ajgeocachers

It is a big diorama style doll house full of items relating to the subject of the cache title and the logbook is hidden somewhere inside this container using some gadget.

This kind of caches happens to get many favorites so this is your way if you need to fix your favorite statistics.

1 hour ago, ajgeocachers said:

I would like to know a container that will get loads of favourite points.

Easy. Go to the Dollar store. Get a plastic rat. Tie a bison tube around its neck. Hide it. Watch the FPs roll in. 

Edited by L0ne.R
grammar

You could spend big bucks and be as creative as you can be on a container, but (to me) if the location is horrible (or just blah...), it's not getting a favorite. 

We've seen FPs on a film can fitted into a bored hole in an outhouse, so not sure what you feel they mean...   :D

You'd need a water-resistant container, and a good walk to a unique area for one from me.   :)

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

You'd need a water-resistant container, and a good walk to a unique area for one from me.   :)

Me too. The quality of the container and the location matter the most to me. A nice dry ammo can (or Pelican, or Plano, or authentic Lock&Lock, or nalgene jar with a gasketed lid) in a refreshing wooded area would get an FP from me. Unfortunately those caches rarely do.  

I think the dollar store toy with a tube inserted or attached is frankly an easy, cheap, no-effort, done-far-too-often cache not warranting such accolades,  but I'm definitely in the minority with that opinion. People love them. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, L0ne.R said:

The quality of the container and the location matter the most to me.

Sorry but one favorite is not enough for the OP. ?

I checked some of your favorite caches and many of them have only couple of favorites. I appreciate your style to give favorites to good caches but this is not the recipe for hundreds of favorites.

Here are some of the novelty containers and physical waypoint elements I've used, all of which are tied to the theme of the cache and are hidden in what I hope are interesting places requiring some physical exertion to reach:

ContainerMontage.jpg.2ac4d8ad59486c836a3f02795513a05d.jpg

The FPs and percentage FPs for these (in order) are: 2 (20%), 20 (69%), 8 (57%), 3 (33%), 1 (50%), 1 (100%), 6 (60%), 2 (67%). As you can see, none have had many finds but some of the percentages are reasonably high. If you're after just high raw numbers of FPs, best to hide something quirky, interesting and long-lasting in a tourist hotspot.

Edited by barefootjeff