Spoiler photos in logs

edscott

Wondering if there is a way for an owner to delete photos in cache gallery without deleting the "found it log".  Most are uploaded by new cachers and I don't want to dampen their enthusiasm, but neither do I want to have a photo of the container or it's exact location available on the cache page.

2 hours ago, BCandMsKitty said:

And if they're new, it wouldn't hurt to sent them a message, if you can, explaining so they know what they might have done wrong.

There is already a text field for the message. No need to send additional messages.

It's pity that only pictures have this function to explain deletion. I would like to have the same with log deletions.

Funny you should ask this.  One of my photos I loaded for an EC was just deleted, but the log remains.  It said that it "shows answers".  I really don't care, but the EC asked you to do more than just describe the color.  It asked for texture, fossil examination, erosion evidence, etc.. none of which would could be determined from my photo.  I usually include them to show I was actually at GZ, and try to make sure that they don't provide any answers.