Going to the beach soon??

White Rabbit

Well, if you're going to be headed towards the Northern-ish Oregon coast (Tillamook area) any time soon, I ask that you possibly check out our new cache. We took a lot of time placing this one and as long as one person has a good time finding it, it'd be worth it. I personally haven't seen a cache like it. Good luck and have fun:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=19253

Those hangers are freakin' GIGANTIC. They can fit like 9 full sized zeppelins (blimps) in each one of them. Just standing at the big bay doors is freakin' amazing. They're a structural marvel. I really think they should've brought the Spruce Goose to those hangers instead of in Wilsonville. There's tons more tourists in Tillamook.

buneatg.gifI am the Rabbit King, I can do anything

quote:
Originally posted by Byron & Anne:

Gee, I hate to tell you this but you didn't spell McMinville correctly. I think you spelled it Wilsonville. icon_smile.gif

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/7301_400.jpg

D'oh...I ALWAYS get those two towns confused. I don't know why. There's the Spruce Goose, Fry's Electronics, and the Outlet Mall, and I always get confused which things are in which of those cities.

quote:
Originally posted by Byron & Anne:

Gee, I hate to tell you this but you didn't spell McMinville correctly. I think you spelled it Wilsonville. icon_smile.gif

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/7301_400.jpg

D'oh...I ALWAYS get those two towns confused. I don't know why. There's the Spruce Goose, Fry's Electronics, and the Outlet Mall, and I always get confused which things are in which of those cities.

Those hangars are big, but are nothing compared to the ones still standing at Moffett Field down near San Francisco, CA. Used to be an old naval air station, and is now used by NASA for some of their skunk works. Used to watch U-2's fly out of there (I think NASA was using them for weather related experiments).

Hey W.R. my g-frind and I are heading out that way soon. I believe I will hunt for it as it looks great! I love the little town of Gilabaldi (spelling sux). There is a little restaurant by the beach that is mega romantic, espically since the beach is right next to it. Great place to bring a GEOdate. icon_wink.gif

Hey W.R. my g-frind and I are heading out that way soon. I believe I will hunt for it as it looks great! I love the little town of Gilabaldi (spelling sux). There is a little restaurant by the beach that is mega romantic, espically since the beach is right next to it. Great place to bring a GEOdate. icon_wink.gif

Hopefully you'll have a good time out there. Thanks to a little topic in the general forum, I may have to remove this cache. Well, at least until I can afford to buy some real (overpriced) cd's that I enjoy that I think other may also enjoy. Well, I don't know, I guess I could just leave it there and have people take an item and leave an item. Sooner or later the items that people are making such a big whiney deal over will be gone. What do you guys think?

Anyways, yeah, Garibaldi is a cute little town. We like Rockaway a lot too. These places aren't the super tourist attractions like Seaside or Cannon Beach, but heck, they've got a beautiful beach in Rockaway that you can actually walk about 2-3 miles along and reach the cache if you want. We love how the beaches aren't all crowded and stuff. They're such cute little coastal towns.

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

Why hasn't anyone placed a cache underneathe the big "G" on the hillside there? That would be perfect! Oh, and if you're in Garibaldi, soup, and you see Andrea Trambley on 2nd street, will you say hi for me?

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

We already have that one all planned out. We're working out the details on it (ammo box, deciding if there should be a puzzle) and we're waiting for a travel bug so we can send Alice the Photo taking White Rabbit out on her adventure. If you can refrain, please don't place one up there, we'd really appreciate it.

p.s. as of now, we're just going to leave our Pirate's Adventure cache out there. We'll try to go out either this weekend or next and change the items in the cache so as not to upset anybody icon_rolleyes.gif

[This message was edited by White Rabbit on April 11, 2002 at 03:22 PM.]

quote:

Why hasn't anyone placed a cache underneathe the big "G" on the hillside there? That would be perfect! Oh, and if you're in Garibaldi, soup, and you see Andrea Trambley on 2nd street, will you say hi for me?

We already have that one all planned out. We're working out the details on it (ammo box, deciding if there should be a puzzle) and we're waiting for a travel bug so we can send Alice the Photo taking White Rabbit out on her adventure. If you can refrain, please don't place one up there, we'd really appreciate it.

p.s. as of now, we're just going to leave our Pirate's Adventure cache out there. We'll try to go out either this weekend or next and change the items in the cache so as not to upset anybody icon_rolleyes.gif

[This message was edited by White Rabbit on April 11, 2002 at 03:22 PM.]

quote:

Oh, and if you're in Garibaldi, soup, and you see Andrea Trambley on 2nd street, will you say hi for me?

We already have that one all planned out. Please don't place one up there, we'd really appreciate it.

Ok, Oregone, I am taking my camera and I WILL FIND Andrea! Or at least come close! As for placement under the big "G". No worries, I have 2 caches I am currently working on.

BTW, Nice way to stir up controversy in the General forum WR!! Jeez, you should have thrown rocks at a hornets nest, as you may have gotten better results. icon_wink.gif

Secret Message to WR: [.stnetnoc ehcac eht egnahc t'noD] Heh, nobody will figure that one out! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Oh, and if you're in Garibaldi, soup, and you see Andrea Trambley on 2nd street, will you say hi for me?

We already have that one all planned out. Please don't place one up there, we'd really appreciate it.

Ok, Oregone, I am taking my camera and I WILL FIND Andrea! Or at least come close! As for placement under the big "G". No worries, I have 2 caches I am currently working on.

BTW, Nice way to stir up controversy in the General forum WR!! Jeez, you should have thrown rocks at a hornets nest, as you may have gotten better results. icon_wink.gif

Secret Message to WR: [.stnetnoc ehcac eht egnahc t'noD] Heh, nobody will figure that one out! icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't mean to cause any problems or anything. They just asked how we felt about them and the anti-music-exchange people got all testy and protective. I was just trying to calm them down by rationalizing it to them, but like usual, people like them don't like to listen. It's great how sheep will all flock together and listen to whatever the almighty U.S. government has to say and then repeat that as if it were the Holy Bible. Anyways, I don't want to start anything in this forum either. So please, if you don't like some stuff you find in a cache, just leave it alone, nobody's asking you to take it or even touch it, but other people may enjoy the music cd they just found.

Thank you, and thanks for leaving the "G" to us. I think we may actually get it up this weekend, but it could be next. Depends on how much gas money we've got.

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

I'm gunna have to hit this one the next time I head out to the cheese factory...

I hope you mean the blue heron cheese factory, not the tillamook one.

Sometimes when i'm in one of my "cheap date" coastal moods, i find it's best to go with the blue heron cheese factory (a mile or so south of the tillamook) because you can make her fill up on samples of everything from BBQ sauce to brie to horseradish mustard from sheridan, OR.

And they even have a petting zoo.

That way, by the time you get to Nehalem, there's no need to fill up on crabcakes as appetizers, and subsequently no need to order that crazy white-chocolate raspberry torte for dessert. That torte has destroyed better a man than I.

Oh,

Andrea Trambley

206 2nd St.

Garibaldi, OR

One look at her, and the hike up to the big G will seem like nothing.