Neighborhood Admin???

bazzle

From Missouri??? Anyone else notice that we have admins from across the country approving caches here in our backyard? Perhaps that has a little to do with these two GCE148 and GCE159... Both hidden on 3/8 and in EXACTLY the same spot, with EXACTLY the same description. icon_confused.gif

Life is as much a journey of discovery, as it is a discovery of the journey...

**Namaste**

There are caches all over the world. And while certainly some caches (like the one in Iraq) cannot be approved by "local" admins, I always thought that most caches were approved by someone a little more familiar with the actual cache location. You can only learn so much from topo maps and cache descriptions after all. Being familiar with the "lay of the land" as it were would seem to be integral to the task of approving caches for that area.

Life is as much a journey of discovery, as it is a discovery of the journey...

**Namaste**

I noticed that just a short time ago and wondered about it myself. LAst night while going through caches I also found these two :

GC709B & GCE072

Kinda close together, something like 0.08 miles or less.

GCE072 is a cache and was planted first on 7/13/02 and GC709B is a virtual and planted 3/7/03. I have no idea who approved them but the second one should not have been allowed, according to the "unofficial" rules being used now.

logscaler.

quote:
Congratulations, your cache has been approved. As a cache placer, *you* have the ability to improve (or degrade) the quality of Geocaching in your area. I hope that this cache will be a positive addition.

Cheers & thanks for contributing to Geocaching,

**Glenn, you friendly neighborhood ADMIN.

And only you can prevent forest fires!

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

I don't like the note, personally. I hope that cache owners can delete admin notes...

Of course cache owners cannot do that! What in the heck are you thinking? Admin notes go on your permanent geocaching file at the FBI, CIA, and GPH (geocaching police headquarters).

You'll probably be deleted just for asking that, Snazz.

- Seth!

(I'm kidding. You can delete any posts to your cache page. People are always posting things on my cache pages. Mostly notes with little smileys. Clutter. I delete them all.)

(I'm kidding about that last bit, too.)

icon_geocachingwa.gif