Hiding a Cache-confirm coordinates

BugLuv

Hello all,

I am hiding my first cache. I have all the information I need. However, I planned to create the cache at home on my laptop (sans mosquitoes). I saved the coordinates on my GPS as a waypoint. When I go to create it, it says I have to confirm coordinates. When I click this, it gives the coordinates for where I am sitting. To create a cache for review, do I have to be standing at the cache to confirm coordinates? TY!

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 2.12.34 PM.png

In that box, enter the coordinates that you took at the cache location - the cache's coordinates.

The box doesn't "give you" anything. It accepts the coords you entered.

Sometimes people put their home coords in that box. I assume that mostly likely they only have 2 sets of saved coords, home coords, cache coords. ;-)

At the end of the process, after you've hit SAVE, you can then look at the cache page, and  use the map links on the cache page to see your coords  mapped. The map links on the cache page show your coords as pushpin, EXCEPT the first, Geocaching.com map, which won't show your unpublished cache. These links are below the hints field, under the online maps header.

Try the Google map, third in that list, it'll help verify for you that your coords are at least close to your cache.