Another premium access issue

Yet another premium access issue. Started a new topic as the others didn't seem to address my issue. History is as follows:

1) My premium account didn't renew this year due to old credit card expiring. I noticed this when I went to my geocaching app today and many caches were ghosted.

2) Went to website and renewed.

3) Logged out of app and back in. Now I can see ghosted caches and premium old finds (which were missing earlier). Went to old find that was a premium cache and couldn't access it. Says I must be premium member to see premium. Tried with unfound premium caches - same response.

4) Un- and reinstalled app. Still says I must be a premium member to access premium caches.

5) The fun part:  When I go in app to view my profile it says "Premium memberJoined:4/2/09". I've always maintained a premium membership except for this lapse when my card expired, so the info is accurate. The profile in the app shows me as premium, but it won't let me see premium caches.

6) I can view all caches on the website.

Just noticed the addendum. Hmmm, I thought that was premium membership time, but must be from original acct creation. Either way, it does say in the app I'm a premium member, so it should be letting me see what I can see on the website. <sigh> While there have been some really nice new functionality in it, I really have thought the overall app usability has degraded over the past few years. Oh well...

7 hours ago, ragged_robin said:

Yet another premium access issue. Started a new topic as the others didn't seem to address my issue. History is as follows:

1) My premium account didn't renew this year due to old credit card expiring. I noticed this when I went to my geocaching app today and many caches were ghosted.

2) Went to website and renewed.

3) Logged out of app and back in. Now I can see ghosted caches and premium old finds (which were missing earlier). Went to old find that was a premium cache and couldn't access it. Says I must be premium member to see premium. Tried with unfound premium caches - same response.

4) Un- and reinstalled app. Still says I must be a premium member to access premium caches.

5) The fun part:  When I go in app to view my profile it says "Premium memberJoined:4/2/09". I've always maintained a premium membership except for this lapse when my card expired, so the info is accurate. The profile in the app shows me as premium, but it won't let me see premium caches.

6) I can view all caches on the website.

I'm sorry your having problems with your premium membership. If it continues without resolution, please write into our customer support team using the form here: https://www.geocaching.com/help/.

Like you, I'm surprised that logging out and back in did not fix the problem. Any chance you're using Facebook to login? We've been troubleshooting some problems with the Facebook integration lately and I'm wondering if it could be connected.

Sorry I haven't responded yet, but it did finally catch up. I'm not sure if it was because someone in the help desk fixed it, reinstalls, or just time finally "caught up", but later in the day after the third reinstall it began to work. Thanks for the suggestions!

Ben, just FYI in case it helps any with troubleshooting, I just did a normal login. I don't use Facebook at all, so that wouldn't have been the case.