Still here...still working on things...

fractal

Ok.. Gimme like.. a month or so and I'll be putting some caches in the area. I've spotted a couple of areas that might work for caching, just gotta go check them out real good.

Still working on puzzles too. I hope to get Tree Hugger II up, as well as this one:

E2

Similar idea as the first, but different puzzle.

Oh yeah... Happy new year and all icon_wink.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45? 30.ish

W 122? 58.ish

I was so bummed when I finally got around to solving the last one only to find that it had been blown up :-( We'll have to make a point to run out and do this one ASAP. I was just thinking we hadn't had a new Fractal cache in a while... looks like you read my mind... or I read yours being as the post was already here... ANYWAYS... looking forward to it.

"There are no stupid questions, but there a LOT of inquisitive idiots."

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

Similar idea as the first, but different puzzle.

Elegia was before our time. I looked at the archived page, but the video clip link there is broken.

I look forward to a Fractal puzzle, of course. I'm worried, though, that your video clip may indicate that a series of puzzles I've started working on for some future caches might be similiar. Probably just paranoia.

Actually 1 new and 1 re-born... And an old one possibly re-activated soon.

Tree Hugger 2 is almost complete. I've dropped the idea of a 'game' where whoever get's it to the top first gets a prize. In fact...the cache will be locked in one spot. If someone wants to move it, they will have to do something (email me, solve a puzzle) to get the combo of the main lock. I haven't managed to lock the containers though. It doesn't keep some kid from taking everything inside, but it does keep the container from being stolen. I used to have a little piece that would have locked them, but I tossed it thinking "why would I need that???" icon_rolleyes.gif

E2 is also very close to being finished. A location has been found, a container has been selected, and the puzzle is 99% complete.

Contact may have a new home. I started to explore an area that Oregone suggested, but was running short on time and gas so I had to head back. I'll try again after work on Monday.

So... I'm shooting for TH2 and E2 to be up and running by Feb. 2nd (Groundhog Day!).

-fractal

I noticed that you didn't post this until after you had already logged it icon_wink.gif. I missed out on the original and have been waiting for this one with a bit of trepidation. If you remember what I look like you'll note I may not be the best at climbing trees icon_razz.gif. But I may have to give it a shot tomorrow. Too tuckered out today after running around in the hills towards the coast at four corners again. Congrats on the find and fractal I also did your Oregon History Lesson 2.1 today. Thanks.

In case of power failure stand close, I glow in the dark.

I was about to post a note to let GrandpaRocks know I left him a present at TreeHugger II, but after checking the logs, it looks like he just beat out Ourwebstop to it. Looks like it's a mad dash to Fractal's cache.

Jason of JOYSON

"There are no stupid questions, but there a LOT of inquisitive idiots."

Ok.. The page for Elegia 2 is up and awaiting approval.

E2

12985_3500.jpg

I had someone beta-test the puzzle, and they said it was a pain, but possible to solve. Some clues are included in the files, and another is available by emailing me.

I hope this one lasts longer than the first Elegia!

Hope you all enjoy!

-fractal

Can you get me in touch with the people that put out the "RAIDERS" geocache in the one rock quarry? I would like to know the little device that they used, and also permission to use "there" idea for the cache. Thanks and long time no hear.......

I'll get back to you on those CD's you sent....

Thanks there Northern Wise One from us in the Stae of Jefferson.....

"My gps say's it RIGHT HERE".

http://www.w6hy.org

KF6VFH

TOYOTA To Often Yuppies Overprice This Auto

Raiders of the lost cache, though we never got the chance to hunt it, was THE reason we got into Geocaching in the first place (well one of the reasons). One of our friends (who doesn't even cache) told us about how one of his co-workers had told him all about this cache where you had to go at just the right time to find the actual hiding spot. I have to admit the thought of playing Indiana Jones like excited me, and soon thereafter I talked my wife into letting me get the GPS. The rest is history. If you do get in touch with the cache hider, tell him to get back in the game icon_smile.gif It doesn't look like he's done anything since Jan '02. We'd love to see this cache back in action up here in Oregon. Fractal... if you know this guy & could steal "the aparatus" from him to somehow implement in one of your caches... ooh... sorry, I got a little too excited there. ANYWAYS... we never did find it... very sad & bummed icon_frown.gif

"Hello Cleveland... Hello Cleveland... I would like some pork... This one has a little guy in it."

I did ask them about the circuitry. It's actually pieces of a road sign flasher. It had a built in solar cell that charged up a capacitor during the day. Then, when it got dark enough, a light/dark sensor applied power to flash the LED's. They flashed until the capacitor was empty. Then the whole process starts over again when the sun comes up.

I'm not that great at designing circuits, but I think there is a forum here that covers that kind of stuff.

Oh.. and I'm totally planning a Radiers cache that should be even better than that one (tough challenge!). No teaser yet.. But hey, gimme time icon_wink.gif

New teasaer for another future cache should be out next weekend though icon_biggrin.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45 30.ish

W 122 58.ish

I got quite a few people excited about caching because of Raiders. Plus, it was the first time I met another cacher (Oregone). Anyway, that was the whole reason I made some of the cache containers I used to, because I was in my own little competition with them. They put out some really cool hunts!! I gotta get back into it again...

Raiders was my 25th cache (pretty exciting milestone back then). And the perfect setting in which to meet soup for the first time. Thirty seconds before sunset, and soup crashes through the brambles all wild-eyed and bloody.

I heard that 'the eyes' were still up there. Is that true?

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Hey,

Raiders was one of the first 5 I did. It was so exciting. Took a long bushwack in with my daughter, crawling under a fence, and were heading to the bottom of the quarry when a couple of "guardian angels" whistled at us and pointed us in the right direction. Looked that evening for 45 minutes without finding the cache.

Came back with my son and daughter the next week, having found a proper entrance trail. We wondered and wondered what the "snake-eyes" could be, then just about freaked when we saw them. My daughter spotted them first, and was SO excited. Truly one of the greatest caches I've done.

RickR

That was the one. My wife and I didn't find it either. I dont think we waited long enough, or it was down at the time. It'll be a year in March since we attemted that cache and others. We have been out of the loop for several months now (got out of it for some reason. Lori keeps slapping me to get my BUTT in gear) but I am getting the bug to od it again.

Thanks for the info fractal and I'll pursure the cache owner for his permission to use that idea. If I dont get in touch with Them well then I guess its fair game (or some thing anyway).

Man, there are times I wished I lived in the Hillsboro area.

Later fractal. And Lori is working on E2.

KF6VFH

fractal, I got the reply and the go-ahead. Now I just need to figure out how I am going to pt one out there. And thanks you to the people who also hellped with the cache name and the link..

He also didn't say weather he was goning to put out another but I have a feeling he might..

KF6VFH