New messages indicator don't go away

I have two messages in my message center which were never sent successfully due to geocaching.com bug (as told me). Both of them included one photo attachment. Therefore at the website continuously showed me the indicator for unprocessed messages which I couldn't remove in any way because all actions with those messages failed. I asked .com to reset my message indicator which was initially denied as a known issue but at some point the indicator vanished. However, recently when I switched from iOS to Android and started to use Groundspeak's Android application the problem appeared again but only in the application. I still cannot get any actions performed with those two messages which appear to be in "to be read" status persistently even the status temporarily seems to go away after browsing the message.    

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, ukkijaai said:

I have two messages in my message center which were never sent successfully due to geocaching.com bug (as told me). Both of them included one photo attachment. Therefore at the website continuously showed me the indicator for unprocessed messages which I couldn't remove in any way because all actions with those messages failed. I asked .com to reset my message indicator which was initially denied as a known issue but at some point the indicator vanished. However, recently when I switched from iOS to Android and started to use Groundspeak's Android application the problem appeared again but only in the application. I still cannot get any actions performed with those two messages which appear to be in "to be read" status persistently even the status temporarily seems to go away after browsing the message.    

I've had a yellow dot on my messaging icon for almost two years now. It has never gone away. And I don't think I have any unprocessed messages. It's quite annoying.

The Message indicator will also appear if you have "new" souvenirs that you have not yet looked at with the app.  Go to the menu, and View Profile.  If it says Souvenirs (New), tap that to view your souvenirs.

Unfinished Drafts will also cause the yellow dot to be there.  Once the drafts are completed and posted, or deleted, the dot will go away.

• Upvote 5
6 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

The Message indicator will also appear if you have "new" souvenirs that you have not yet looked at with the app.  Go to the menu, and View Profile.  If it says Souvenirs (New), tap that to view your souvenirs.

Bingo! That solved it for me. Now I just have to figure out why HQ insists that you must view your souvenirs on the app - I always thought the app was something to be used out in the field when hunting caches and viewing souvenirs seems pretty low in the priority order when doing that.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, barefootjeff said:

Bingo! That solved it for me. Now I just have to figure out why HQ insists that you must view your souvenirs on the app - I always thought the app was something to be used out in the field when hunting caches and viewing souvenirs seems pretty low in the priority order when doing that.

I know some local cachers who use ONLY the app and rarely log in on the computer.  It is odd that the app and the website are not synced to your account enough so that when you view your souvenirs on the website, it clears the yellow dot in the app.

50 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

But unfortunately the yellow dot remains. 

Do you have any drafts?  My yellow dot is always on, as I am working a multi-stage and keeping notes on each stage as a draft log for that cache.

The three things I've found that cause that yellow dot to appear are 

1. Unsent/unread messages via the app

2. Unviewed souvenirs in the app

3, Draft notes for cache logs