How Far Have we Travelled?

colleda

Project-GC has a "cache-to-cache distance" (?) metric on your profile stats page. I tried to check the exact name of the metric, but it seems that PGC's website is currently down.

Of course, that metric is a bit 'off', as it calculates the distance between one cache and the next. The actual distance we travel would really be from home coords to cache coords for the first cache of a day, then cache to cache for subsequent caches that day - but then if we're on vacation at a hotel, then the first cache of the day would be from hotel to cache. But that would certainly be too difficult to calculate.

Edited by noncentric
4 hours ago, noncentric said:

Project-GC has a "cache-to-cache distance" (?) metric on your profile stats page. I tried to check the exact name of the metric, but it seems that PGC's website is currently down.

Of course, that metric is a bit 'off', as it calculates the distance between one cache and the next. The actual distance we travel would really be from home coords to cache coords for the first cache of a day, then cache to cache for subsequent caches that day - but then if we're on vacation at a hotel, then the first cache of the day would be from hotel to cache. But that would certainly be too difficult to calculate.

It's "Total Cache to Cache Distance".  Mine is currently 291,178 miles for an average of about 218 miles between caches.  I should be able to break 300K miles with an upcoming trip to Kenya.