Can't submit Reviewer Note

caviar42

I have a bunch of caches that I need to submit to our local reviewer for publication for an upcoming event. I started submitting these on Saturday. The first submission went fine. However after the first submission,  the "submit for review" button stayed grey in color and would not activate when pushed. Tried everything that I could think of: clearing browser cache history, changing browsers, restarting computer. No luck. I tried a different computer and was able to submit one cache for review and then couldn't submit any more....just had a grey "submit for review button". Tried submitting via my cell phone. No luck this way either. I contacted my reviewer. She perused my unpublished, disabled caches and couldn't find a problem.  I have 64 more caches to submit for review. Has anyone else had this problem?

The "Submit for Review" on the pre-published cache page is indeed green. I am referring to the "Submit for Review" on the Reviewer Notes popup that allow for notes to be written to the Reviewer. It is the button on this popup page that stays gray, thus halting the submission process. I have now tried this using Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.

4 hours ago, caviar42 said:

The "Submit for Review" on the pre-published cache page is indeed green. I am referring to the "Submit for Review" on the Reviewer Notes popup that allow for notes to be written to the Reviewer. It is the button on this popup page that stays gray, thus halting the submission process. I have now tried this using Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.

Hi caviar42,

Are you entering text into the reviewer note text area?  By design, the button will remain disabled until content is detected.  This is because the reviewer note is required when submitting for review.  I suspect this to be the issue since you've tried it on multiple browsers.

Yes, I am entering text into the cut/paste a couple of paragraphs into the reviewer notes section in exactly the same manner that I had done for the first two caches that allowed me to submit. You are correct ......it does seem like the content is not detected. However, you are definitely on to something. Based on your comment, I just tried to cut/paste (which wasn't detected), but then I hit the space bar at the end of my post and viola, the button turned green! I was able to submit. I am using Edge as a browser this morning, but I bet it will work on other browsers also. Not sure of the mechanics of what the problem is, but hitting the space bar is an easy work-around. Thanks so much.

Window Pro Firefox 57

1 hour ago, caviar42 said:

I just tried to cut/paste (which wasn't detected), but then I hit the space bar at the end of my post and viola, the button turned green! I

Thanks for this. I struggled to get an event submitted, and for what I think is the same reason. Cut and Post content into the required RN box isn't detected..you can't submit it... just hit space bar, content is detected, log can be posted ...

Yes, I am entering text into the cut/paste a couple of paragraphs into the reviewer notes section in exactly the same manner that I had done for the first two caches that allowed me to submit. You are correct ......it does seem like the content is not detected. However, you are definitely on to something. Based on your comment, I just tried to cut/paste (which wasn't detected), but then I hit the space bar at the end of my post and viola, the button turned green! I was able to submit. I am using Edge as a browser this morning, but I bet it will work on other browsers also. Not sure of the mechanics of what the problem is, but hitting the space bar is an easy work-around. Thanks so much.

I would like to order this same functionality to all log types ;)

Thanks for reporting this.  We'll get a fix out shortly to detect pasting content.