Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
JordsAU

Error loading cartridge in Builder

9 posts in this topic

I am encountering the following error message, when trying to open a previously saved cartridge in the Groundspeak Wherigo Builder.  The cartridge won't open.

Error Reading Cartridge.
System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesEngine.ZonesEngineDII.InitializeEngine(Byte[] szDeviceId, Byte[] szLogFolder)
at Groundspeak.Wherigo.ZonesEngine.ZonesEngineDII.InitializeEngine(String strDeviceId, String strLogFolder)
at ZonesAuthor.LuaFunctions.ReadLuaCartridge(String luaFileName)
at ZonesAuthor.frmMain.OpenCartridgeFile()

I have tried installing the Builder software on another machine but get a similar error message.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Yeah, the best way is to not use the Groundspeak Wherigo Builder. There are several other builders that are MUCH better solutions and ones that get actively maintained and updated. Not to undermine any of the other tools out there, my favorite is the online builder at Earwigo.net.

7 minutes ago, bflentje said:

Yeah, the best way is to not use the Groundspeak Wherigo Builder. There are several other builders that are MUCH better solutions and ones that get actively maintained and updated. Not to undermine any of the other tools out there, my favorite is the online builder at Earwigo.net.

Hi bflentje, thanks for your reply.  I can't see where to create an account at Earwigo.net?

I've found this, so will request an account.

Account Creation

Earwigo accounts are currently created by sending an email to the creator of the project. To get an account, you must write a short note to sTeamTraen (Nick) via the Geocaching.com website. If you are truly willing to read the manual and/or if you have previous programming experience Nick will normally not turn you down.

Thanks Kalkendotters and Ranger Fox.  Is there a step by step guide I can follow to complete this workaround?  I'm a bit lost on how to do it.

Is the post the first link refers to not a step by step guide?  It's pretty much this: download zip file and decompress, go to the folder indicated in that post, and paste the file from the decompressed zip file into that folder (as long as Groundspeak's builder is not running).

I couldn't get it to work?  I now have an Earwigo account, so will give up on the official builder for now.