Duplicate Finds

WinterDesertDog

11 minutes ago, justintim1999 said:

I have about two dozen duplicate logs on caches I own.  As a cache owner should I delete someone else's duplicate log?    

I've deleted duplicate "Found It" logs on my caches.  But first I wrote to the cacher, with some info about what's going on, since they will likely see a "deleted" notice when it happens.  Also, some didn't have exactly the same text in the logs, so I hoped the cacher would decide.  None ever responded after I chose which log and deleted it.  But I guess it turned out well. :anicute:

Edited by kunarion
10 minutes ago, justintim1999 said:

Shazam!!!!    Found 4 duplicate logs I didn't know existed.  Great tool. 

Question.  I have about two dozen duplicate logs on caches I own.  As a cache owner should I delete someone else's duplicate log?    

Years ago when there was that into app, most seemed to have "never" on their "last visited..."  and I'd just delete.  No one ever emailed asking why.

Today, similar to kunarion, I email and ask which they'd like to keep if the log's not identical.  No word and I pick one. 

If identical, I'd still just delete one today.  I would mail them back if receiving an email with some confusion why they noticed a deletion, but just haven't had one yet.  

57 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

If identical, I'd still just delete one today.  I would mail them back if receiving an email with some confusion why they noticed a deletion, but just haven't had one yet.  

Had someone log my webcam nine times.  So I deleted eight of them.  She wanted to know why I was doing that.  I explained, and she said she wasn't sure the logs went through, so she kept doing it.