Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
kaschper69

Statistic Country/Region Counts

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I had just looked at the statistics concerning the distribution of the waymarks per country and region and was amazed that Germany suddenly has 17 federal states
:D

Rhode Island has made it to Germany with a Waymark, but is also assigned to the USA with currently 1,447 Waymarks.

Is this a fault in the system or was there a wrong assignment made when a Waymark was created?

2017-10-26_110608.jpg

I don't know if this was the case here, too, but I have experienced once, that when you type fast enough, the state selection has not yet switched to the current country and accepts inputs in the older list for a fraction of a second. I can hardly happen anymore now, but there was a time when the server responses were much slower.

I have seen these interesting glitches so many times.  I think I spend too much time in the country list.  I could not resist asking for an edit on this waymark.

The waymark is no longer in Rhode Island, Germany.

That is no problem to have the problem with the regions.

If you have a slow internet connection, often the regions does not change or change very slowly.

The error was made by me, typing G for Germany and R for Rheinland-Pfalz.

If I did not see this error, Rhode Island will be a part of Germany :-)

Tell me if it happens again.

Edited by CADS11

I'm pretty sure we've all made this mistake at one time or another. I know of 2 times I did it when they changed map programs on the page from Google to what we use now and the maps didn't show. Caught them a couple days after they were approved while browsing my waymarks looking to see what needed work. Not a big deal and easy to correct.